DOCOMO Launches 13 New Mobile Devices for Winter/Spring Lineup
Sep 30, 2015
TOKYO, JAPAN, September 30, 2015---NTT DOCOMO, INC. unveiled today its 2015 winter/2016 spring lineup of mobile devices — 10 smartphones, one each tablet, feature phone and mobile Wi-Fi® router — which will launch in Japan from October.
The diverse new collection will satisfy a wide range of needs in a variety of colors and sizes and features advanced mobile technologies, including an ultra-HD 4K camera and display, an expanded lineup of smartphones with biometric authentication, smartphones and one mobile Wi-Fi router compatible with DOCOMO's LTE-Advanced next-generation mobile communication service PREMIUM 4GTM , and more.
Some of the many features of DOCOMO's new lineup are as follows:
- The XperiaTM Z5 Premium SO-03H is a world-first1 ultra-HD 4K smartphone. Users will be able to shoot and watch videos at four times the resolution of Full HD.
- Seven smartphones and one Wi-Fi router are compatible with DOCOMO's ultra-fast PREMIUM 4G LTE-Advanced. Of these, the AQUOS® ZETA SH-01H and the Wi-Fi STATION N-01H offer a maximum 300Mbps2 downlink, enabling exceptionally fast transmission of large amounts of data, such as video files.
- The XperiaTM Z5 SO-01H and other five smartphones feature biometric authentication supported by the FIDO® (Fast IDentity Online) Alliance, an international nonprofit organization driving standardization of password-less online authentication. This technology eliminates the need to physically input a password when using online shopping sites, including DOCOMO's own e-commerce portal "d shoppingTM ."
- The NexusTM 5X smartphone is preinstalled with Google's latest AndroidTM 6.0 operating system. Other DOCOMO smartphones will be upgraded to Android 6.0 soon.
- The newest model in the Disney Mobile on docomo series, a collaboration with The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd., features unique designs and content.
- Nine smartphones in the lineup are compatible with Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) international calls outside of Japan. Extra-high-quality voice and video calls will be possible via DOCOMO's WORLD WINGTM outbound roaming service, starting in October 7 initially in South Korea. DOCOMO will be the first mobile operator in Japan to offer VoLTE international roaming service3 which it will expand into other countries going forward.
- One feature phone is compatible with i-modeTM and features the Osaifu-KeitaiTM (mobile phone with wallet functions), Bluetooth® and robust dust- and water-proofing.
- New products, including OHaNAS, an interactive voice-activated toy developed by DOCOMO and TOMY Company, Ltd., will be added to the lineup for "docomo select," a mobile shopping site dedicated to accessories and peripherals for DOCOMO smartphones, tablets and feature phones.
Launch dates and detailed specifications for all models are listed in the attachment.
(Open a PDF file) (Attachment) Selected Features and Specifications (PDF format: 81KB)
docomo Feature Phone
- [1 Based on Sony Mobile Communications research as of September 29, 2015.
- [2 Maximum downlink speed of 300Mbps is only available in selected areas. Downlink speeds are theoretical maximums and services are provided on a best-effort basis. Speeds may vary depending on network traffic or transmission environments.
- [3 According to DOCOMO research on services provided by other mobile operators as of September 29, 2015.
- All devices are under development, and the specifications are subject to change.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- PREMIUM 4G, d shopping, WORLD WING, i-mode and Osaifu-Keitai are trademarks of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- NTT DOCOMO's PREMIUM 4G, d shopping, WORLD WING, i-mode and Osaifu-Keitai are only available to subscribers in Japan.
- Xperia is a trademark of Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
- AQUOS is a registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
- FIDO is a registered trademark of FIDO Alliance, Inc.
- Nexus and Android are trademarks of Google Inc.
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc.
- All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.