This policy explains how TelecomTV will collect and use your personal data when using our website and services.
If you have any questions about it, please do get in touch:
+44 (0) 207 448 1090
Decisive Media Limited
86-90 Paul Street
TelecomTV is produced by Decisive Media Limited, which is registered in England and Wales with company number 04172396. Decisive Media Limited is the data controller, and our registration number with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in the UK is Z2304795.
When we collect your information
We collect data when you:
- Browse our websites
- Subscribe to and interact with our marketing and news emails
- Register or log in to your account on our website
- Fill in forms, for example document requests or surveys
- Attend or register for our events
- Place an order with us for goods or services
- Attend or participate in an event we are hosting or filming
- Contact us by phone, email, post or social media
- Have given a third-party permission to share with us information they hold about you
- Have provided information to an organisation or service that merges with us or that we acquire
We may also collect additional information about you from third parties and publicly available sources, for example contact information from a directory or company website.
Information we collect
The type of information we collect will vary depending on the services you are accessing and the information you provide, including:
- Contact details including email address
- Job title and company you work for
- Password for your account on our website
- Technical information such as your IP address and web browser
- Details of your browsing activity when you visit our website and interact with our content
- Information about emails form us that you read or click on
- Opinions expressed in surveys and questionnaires and comments
- Usage information we gather by cookies and similar technologies in your browser
- Booking information when registering for our events, including necessary health information such as allergies, dietary requirements, accessibility needs or vaccination status
- Payment and order information when purchasing our goods or services
- Videos and photographs of events we are hosting or filming
How we use your information
We use your information in order to:
- Provide you with access to our website
- Send you relevant news, content and promotions from us, our partners and sponsors
- Send you information about our products and services which may be of interest
- Allow you to log in to our website to securely access certain functionality
- Send you documents or information that you request
- Ensure you see relevant content when you visit our website
- Display relevant promotions and advertisements on our website
- Provide you with entry, accommodation, food and facilities at our events
- Process orders and payments for goods and services where applicable
- Develop, test and improve our systems and the services we provide to you
- Produce industry research reports with data you submit in surveys
- Respond to any queries you have when you contact us
- Notify you about important changes to our services or your account
- Provide relevant reports to our sponsors and partners about the usage of our content, events and services
- Promote our content and services to others, such as using quotes, videos and photographs of you online and in our marketing materials
- Comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement
We always ensure that the information we collect and use is appropriate for each purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Our legal basis for using your data
We only use your data when we have a legitimate legal basis for doing so. Depending on the circumstances this may include:
- Consent - where you have given us your permission to use your data for a specific purpose
- Contract - where we have an agreement in place to provide goods and services to you
- Legitimate interest - where we find it is necessary to process your information for our interests or the interest of a third party, after carefully considering any effect this may have on you
- Legal obligation - where we need to process your information to comply with the law
- Vital interests - in rare cases for us to be able to protect someone’s life
Updating your information
It’s important that information we hold about you is accurate and kept up to date. Please use the links at the bottom of our emails to update your profile, or get in touch with us and we’ll update our records on your behalf.
Withdrawing your consent and opting out
We only send you our marketing and news emails if you’ve previously opted in to receive them, or where there is a legitimate interest. If you’d like to withdraw your consent or opt out from receiving emails from us, you can do so at any time either by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email you’ve received, or by asking us to completely remove your online account.
How long we hold your information
We only keep information we hold about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collected it for. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be securely erased or anonymised.
Who we share your information with
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties who help us deliver services to you, including:
- Companies we use to securely store and organise your data
- Companies we use to send you emails and other marketing
- Companies we use to collect your data on forms, for example document requests and surveys
- Companies we use to host our website, videos and other digital services
- Companies we use to host or facilitate our events
- Companies we use to process orders and payments
- Companies we use to manage financial or contractual data
- Companies we use for filming, photography and editing services
- Companies who provide components and integrations with our website, for example video hosting and advertising
- Companies who help us analyse and improve how our website and services are used
- Companies who help us manage, test and improve our systems and website
In certain circumstances, we may share your data with third parties for their own purposes, for example:
- Limited information with our sponsors and partners for reporting purposes, about relevant content you’ve interacted with or events you’ve registered for which they have a legitimate interest in
- With our sponsors and partners for marketing purposes, where you have consented to receiving marketing from them, which you can opt-out of at any time
- Where we receive a valid request from law enforcement, regulatory or government bodies
- If TelecomTV, Decisive Media Limited or our services are merged with or acquired by new owners your personal data may be transferred to them
- With your consent for any other purpose
Where we store your information
Our main systems and databases are located within the European Union (EU). Where we need to transfer your personal data to third parties and suppliers outside the EU we have procedures in place to ensure that your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EU.
How we protect your information
We treat the information we hold about you with care and take appropriate steps to protect it. For example, when you enter information on our website we always transmit and store it in an encrypted format.
We use third parties to carry out regular tests on our systems and processes to test that they are secure, and identify ways to further improve our security.
When you register an account on our website please choose a strong, unique password, stored in a password management tool, so that access to your data is protected.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority - see Complaints below.
Please get in touch with us for more information or to make a request.
If you are concerned that your data has not been handled correctly or you’re unhappy with how we’re dealing with a request, please get in touch and we’ll escalate the issue internally and with relevant third parties.
+44 (0) 207 448 1090
Decisive Media Limited
86-90 Paul Street
You have the right to complain directly to the supervisory authority who regulates our activities:
If you live outside the UK you may alternatively contact your local supervisory authority.
We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU Representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or have any queries in relation to your rights or privacy matters generally please email our representative at [email protected] or post your request or query to:
EU Representative, IT Governance Europe, Third Floor, The Boyne Tower, Bull Ring, Lagavooren, Drogheda, Co. Louth, A92 F682, Ireland
When contacting our Representative please ensure you include our company name (Decisive Media Limited) in any correspondence.
Updates to this policy
From time to time we’ll update this notice to include changes to how we process your data, so please check this page periodically. If there are any major changes we’ll notify you by email.
This policy was last updated 26th November 2021.