Spotlight on 5G: The After Show
By Guy Daniels, Ray Le Maistre
Mar 7, 2023
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hT71_hUFfbU?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A Discussion Show featuring special guests
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of the 2023 Spotlight on 5G series. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session, when they reviewed the major themes and takeaways from the MWC Barcelona event. What were the hits? What were the misses? And were there any surprises this year? Among the questions asked were:
- Can 5G deliver on its promises? Can it deliver new revenues and a return on investment for the coming years?
- How important is the Open Gateway initiative? What makes it different from previous API-based announcements?
- How can we build a broader, energy-efficient, telecoms infrastructure to support 5G cloud services and apps?
- Have advances been made in Open RAN and its carrier-grade capabilities? Will the Tier 2 and 3 operators now come onboard?
- Is the 5G standalone core the key to fulfilling the potential of business services? And how do we accelerate its deployment?
First Broadcast: March 2023
Senior Director, TME Technology & Strategy, Red Hat
Principal Analyst, Appledore
Juan Carlos Garcia
Senior VP of Technology and Ecosystem, Telefónica
Head of Orchestration, Communications Technology Group, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Chief Revenue Officer, Neos Networks
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.