Super Panel: From NFV to Cloud Native: Future proofing your 5G investment - Highlights
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ymdEsN_L8sI?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The telco transformation journey got underway with NFV, but this is only the start. The move away from physical dependencies towards virtualised functions can be seen as the first step on the journey towards being truly “cloud native” – developing and operating network applications that exploit the unique characteristics of cloud computing. This will enable telcos to become fully cloud-based digital service providers that can build and run scalable, agile applications for their customers at the lowest cost.
This is going to be particularly important as the industry rolls out wide scale 5G networks and services. If 5G is to achieve its much-hyped potential, then operators need to apply all the benefits of cloud native. These are already been factored into the evolving 5G standards, but telcos still need to be absolutely clear about the continuation of the transformation journey – if they are to future-proof their considerable 5G investments, then they must have a clear migration path to cloud native.
- Domenico Convertino, Vice President, Product Management, Communication and Media Solutions, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Renu Navale, Senior Director Edge Services & Industry Enabling, Intel Data Center Group, Intel Corporation
- Adrian Comley, General Manager Dynamic Network Services, BT
- Alexis Salas, Head of Network Cloud and Virtualization, Orange Spain
- Vickie Lonker, Vice President of Product Management and Development, Verizon
Filmed at SDN NFV World Congress, The Hague, 2019
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.