HP Introduces World’s Thinnest, Lightest and Most Powerful Quad-Core Mobile Thin Client
Via HP (UK)
Aug 27, 2015
HP mt42 expands the leading thin client portfolio with exclusive software, design features and support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
Palo Alto, Calif., Aug. 27, 2015 – HP today announced the HP mt42, the world’s thinnest, lightest and most powerful quad-core mobile thin client.1 At just 3.41 pounds light, .74 inches thin and up to 3.0 GHz fast with AMD quad-core processing technology – the HP mt42 offers 10% higher clock speed2 and an additional two cores of processing power than the previous generation.
The HP mt42 is ideal for business customers in the financial, healthcare, training, services and government sectors looking for a reliable and secure mobile-cloud access point that’s packed to perform and built for virtualized environments.
“The business world is moving to the cloud more and more, creating a demand for mobile-cloud endpoints that allow users to stay productive and secure on the go,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Workstations and Thin Clients, HP. “ The HP mt42 gives our customers that exact kind of power and flexibility, while allowing for streamlined deployments with our HP-exclusive management software.”
Over the past few years, thin client sales have risen as market needs like BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), security and compatibility drive demand for alternative computing options. HP was named the global thin client share leader for the second quarter of 2015 with 27.6 percent, and has maintained the #1 worldwide market leadership position for Windows-based thin client shipments for the last seven years.3
Companies are grappling with issues like global collaboration, privacy regulations and cost control, and the HP mt42 has the technology that can bring it all together seamlessly. End-users and admins alike can now access the cloud and their virtual desktops on the move with the latest Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for Thin Clients on a stylish and fully-loaded design without the bulk.4
The HP mt42’s new ultra-sleek ID features a 14-inch diagonal full HD5 display; the highest HP Mobile Thin Client display resolution of 1920 x 1080, plus a USB-C™ port and150 degree extra-wide hinge range for extensive viewing options. The new 2015 HP-advanced spill-resistant keyboard and touchpad with 4 external click-buttons complete the premium design.
Next-generation AMD Carrizo Quad-Core processing technology, and AMD Radeon™ R6 Graphics make the HP mt42 a productivity powerhouse.6 HP-exclusive management and user experience software, like HP Device Manager, HP Velocity, and HP Easy Shell7 are standard at no additional cost, and make it easy to deploy, manage and maintain install bases in just a few clicks.
The HP mt42 will be available with Windows Embedded 7E (32-bit) and Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for Thin Clients. In addition to the HP mt42, HP plans for Windows 10 IoT availability on the HP t620, HP t620 PLUS and HP t520 Thin Clients.
HP Thin Clients offer customers a tremendous amount of variety with a large portfolio of hardware, software and services – and a strong collaboration with our trusted partners, like VMware®, Citrix®, and Microsoft®. HP plans to unveil the HP mt42 at VMworld’s 2015 “Ready for Any” conference in San Francisco, CA.
- Comparison as of August 14, 2015 based on mobile thin clients with sales > or = 5,000 units in 2014. Competitive information taken from vendors' publically available websites on August 12, 2015. Vendor number of sales source: IDC 2015Q2 Historical Release; WW Quarterly Enterprise Client Device Tracker published August 13, 2015.
- When compared to the HP mt41 Mobile Thin Client.
- Source: IDC 2015Q2 Historical Release; WW Quarterly Enterprise Client Device Tracker published August 13, 2015.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for Thin Clients is planned for availability on the HP mt42, HP t620, HP t620 PLUS and the HP t520 in quarter four of 2015.
- High-definition (HD) content required to view HD images.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. AMD’s numbering is not a measurement of clock speed
- HP Easy Shell is currently available on Windows Embedded Standard 7E, Windows Embedded Standard 7P, Windows Embedded 8 Standard, and Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.