To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7JFEJV1zb0?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day two of the Cloud Native Telco Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels was joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- Do telcos understand cloud-native and will the industry make a successful transformation in terms of technology, processes and culture?
- Are there any examples of third-party applications built using APIs accessing the 5G standalone (SA) core functionalities?
- Does the choice of public cloud strategy have any impact on a telco's cloud-native activities, or is the cloud-native journey cloud agnostic?
- Cloud-native apps can be onboarded fast using CI/CD pipelines, but do telcos need this capability? Which telco applications need to be deployed fast and be frequently upgraded?
- With regards to legacy or existing applications, what are the “low-hanging fruit” that can most easily and quickly be moved to cloud-native in 2023?
- Can you recommend a FinOps training path for telcos?
First Broadcast Live: September 2023
CTO, BT Business
VP Software Engineering, Orange
Consulting Analyst, Appledore