The Path to Service Provider Transformation. Episode 2: SDN and NFV transformation via Innovation
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LQwYcZ2eqH8?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) are as much about business transformation as network transformation. Simply bringing in new technology to virtualise and better-manage all the existing business processes, service offerings and internal structures won’t take service providers to where they want to be. So what will?
Guy Daniels and Martyn Warwick roamed the world asking Service Provider, Equipment Vendor and Industry Body executives to offer up some useful advice on how to set about that business transformation. Answers were provided by:
- Jim Scott, VP EMEA, SP Architectures, Cisco
- Nicolas Fischbach, Director of Strategy and Architecture Innovation, Colt
- Phil Tilley, NFV & Cloud Marketing Director, Alcatel-Lucent
- Francisco-Javier Ramón Salguero, Head of Network Virtualisation, GCTO Unit, Telefónica
- Shahar Steiff, AVP Business Operations, PCCW Global
- Jon Vestal, VP Product Architecture, Pacnet
- Balamurali Thekkedath, Director Product Marketing, Business Unit Cloud & IP, Ericsson
- Chris Price, Chairman, OPNFV Technical Steering Committee
Sponsored by Cisco
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.