Introducing Volt – the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2
Oct 18, 2021
First joint product gives customers the best of both brands, with even greater value on UK’s fastest major broadband provider and award winning mobile network
- Volt marks the first major launch since Virgin Media and O2’s £31bn merger earlier this year
- Gig 1 broadband available for the first time in a bundle, combined with an unlimited data O2 SIM and TV favourites
- Existing customers simply need to register to get their services supercharged – for free
- Volt brings faster broadband speeds, double mobile data and discounts
London, UK: Virgin Media O2 is today lifting the lid on its first ever joint product, Volt, bringing together award winning connectivity and amazing entertainment from both Virgin Media and O2, to give customers even more from their services – more speed, more data and more value.
Virgin Media and O2 customers can now supercharge their services and reap extra rewards simply by being customers of both brands. Volt offers double the broadband speed, double the mobile data and discounts on connected devices when customers have or choose to take a broadband service from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2. What’s more, customers with an O2 plan can access exclusive rewards, perks and experiences from Priority – one of the UK’s best loyalty initiatives.
The new joint offering comes less than 150 days since Virgin Media O2 launched, building on the company’s momentum of almost 13 million gigabit premises passed and 5G coverage from O2 expanded to 210 locations. Volt highlights Virgin Media O2’s commitment to offer more choice, convenience and innovation with seamless broadband, entertainment and mobile services all available under one roof.
Exclusive Virgin Media O2 Volt benefits include:
- A broadband speed boost to the next tier available (e.g. 100Mbps boosted to 200Mbps)
- Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans (e.g. 10GB boosted to 20GB)
- Up to £150 off a connected device such as a tablet or smartwatch when taking a new O2 Pay Monthly Custom plan
- WiFi Pods available to bolster connectivity around the home
- Roaming in 75 countries including USA, Australia and Spain with O2 Travel
Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits to account holders no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they take. Those new to either Virgin Media or O2 will be able to upgrade to Volt when they add relevant services to their connectivity line-up, while existing customers of both Virgin Media and O2 simply need to enrol via MyO2 to get their services supercharged – at no additional cost.
Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2 said,
“With Volt, we’re combining the speed and reliability of Virgin Media’s broadband and O2’s mobile networks alongside a variety of incredible perks to give our customers more.
“The launch of converged services in less than 150 days as a business is a huge milestone moment and demonstrates the momentum we have behind our commitment to supercharge connectivity across the UK. This is just the start.”
This exciting milestone for Virgin Media O2 means that consumers who do not currently take services from either brand can supercharge their package with Volt from the get-go, with new bundles containing an O2 SIM and Virgin Media broadband available on 18 month contracts. The new packages include the ‘Big Volt’ bundle, ‘Bigger Volt’ bundle and ‘Ultimate Volt’ bundle, all of which come with the exclusive Volt benefits and boosts to offer customers more. Pricing for Volt bundles start from £40 per month for 200Mbps Broadband (boosted from 100Mbps), Talk More Weekends and a 10GB O2 SIM (boosted from 5GB). The top Volt bundle (Ultimate Volt bundle) includes Gig1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites and two TV 360 boxes, available for £99 per month.
Supercharging small businesses
Small businesses and start-ups who take a Voom broadband service from Virgin Media Business and an eligible O2 Small Biz tariff can also supercharge their services, with 4G start-up and back-up, double mobile data and exclusive perks from Priority.
Virgin Media O2 is the leading converged challenger in the market, pairing O2’s award winning mobile network and the UK’s fastest major broadband provider to enhance connectivity for customers at home and on the go. With Virgin Media’s rapid gigabit broadband rollout and O2’s commitment to deliver 5G to half the UK population in 2023, Virgin Media O2 is just getting started.
- Volt benefits: Volt benefits available if customers have or sign up to both a Virgin Media broadband service and an eligible O2 Pay Monthly tariff.
- Volt benefits include (1) Virgin Media broadband speed boost to the next available level (if customers don’t take or already have the fastest Virgin Media speeds available to them in their area at the point they place their order to become supercharged with Volt); (2) Intelligent WiFi Plus at no extra cost (if a customer finds any WiFi blackspots in their home and then choose to take Intelligent WiFi Plus as an optional add-on from Virgin Media, subject to stock availability); (3) Double the O2 mobile data for each eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile SIMS in the Virgin Media account holder’s name in their household (if they don’t take or already have unlimited O2 mobile data); (4) O2 Travel Inclusive Zone so customers can roam in 75 destinations; and (5) If customers take out a phone on a new O2 Custom Plan, they’ll get up to £150 off an O2 Custom Plan for a connected device. Benefits applied following purchase that fulfils eligibility criteria.
- Existing eligible customers must place order to unlock Volt benefits via My O2. Check Virgin Media broadband speeds availability at virginmedia.com/join/availability. Separate contracts and billing apply to Virgin Media and O2 mobile services. Terms apply, www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuffand o2.co.uk/terms. If customers already have a Virgin Mobile SIM and continue using it, their service shall be subject to Virgin Media’s standard pay monthly terms and conditions which can be found at www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff. All Volt products and benefits provided on the basis that customers also have or purchase an eligible pay monthly O2 SIM.
- Gig1 broadband: Customers will need to be in a Gig1 connected area to get Gig1 broadband. Gig1 is currently available to 12.8 homes with Virgin Media’s entire network on track to be connected by the end of 2021. Customers can use Virgin Media’s postcode checker to see if they can get the service.
- Double mobile data: Customers on O2 tariffs of 250GB and above, will be boosted to Unlimited data, as part of Volt.
- O2 Travel: Volt customers can roam in 75 destinations with O2 Travel Inclusive Zone – usually £4.99/day when activated – see https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone for more details.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.