Red Hat Launches Red Hat Open Innovation Labs, Introducing Collaborative Open Source Cloud and DevOps Residency Program
Via Red Hat Newsroom
Apr 26, 2016
AUSTIN, TEXAS – OPENSTACK SUMMIT — April 26, 2016 —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the creation of Red Hat Open Innovation Labs, a consulting service that helps companies integrate people, methodology, and technology to solve business challenges in an accelerated fashion. As part of an Open Innovation Labs consulting engagement, customers will work collaboratively in a residency-oriented lab environment with Red Hat experts to jumpstart innovation and software development initiatives using open source technology and DevOps methods.
We’ve heard from customers around the globe who want to get new initiatives off the ground quickly - whether they are talking about application modernization, or cloud, mobile and microservices - to help them meet their goals and stay ahead of competitors. John Allessio vice president, Global Services, Red Hat
Digitalization is increasingly connecting people, process, data and devices and enabling new business innovation platforms. Software is powering this shift and enabling companies to build innovation-driven advantages. The Red Hat Open Innovation Labs service helps customers rapidly develop and integrate applications using microservices, deploy them in containers, and deliver them using DevOps methodologies across physical, cloud and mobile environments that can quickly scale up or down on-demand. With Red Hat, customers can innovate with speed, agility, scalability and increased security.
Red Hat Open Innovation Labs aims to help customers achieve this transformation, enabling them to:
- Work on real business problems from day one , using Red Hat’s push-button infrastructure and automated development environments, teams can more quickly start development once the residency begins, enabling quicker time to value.
- Learn how to take advantage of modern application development technologies and methodologies , including migrations, microservice architectures, container application platforms, DevOps, application and data integration, mobile and hybrid cloud strategies.
- Re-platform existing applications for scale-out with OpenStack and public cloud infrastructures.
- Bridge legacy and new application development efforts on one platform , helping teams design and develop solutions to modernize applications, or take on entirely new challenges.
- Learn to innovate the Red Hat way by engaging with the Open Source community and collaborating in upstream projects.
- Innovate onsite and virtually , meeting new requirements as a result of digital transformations, offering distributed teams access to environments in different locations. Red Hat provides a more secure cloud environment so authorized team members can work together, and development can happen on your site, in a Red Hat lab environment, or virtually.
Red Hat Open Innovation Labs is available immediately in North America, with full global availability planned within the year.
John Allessio, vice president, Global Services, Red Hat
“We’ve heard from customers around the globe who want to get new initiatives off the ground quickly - whether they are talking about application modernization, or cloud, mobile and microservices - to help them meet their goals and stay ahead of competitors. To these customers, Red Hat Open Innovation Labs offers the ability to innovate faster and to solve business problems alongside Red Hat experts, and the open source way - through collaboration, and using DevOps methodologies and open source technologies.”
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.