Alcatel-Lucent’s Motive software portfolio selected by Robi to deliver OSS transformation in Bangladesh
Jun 8, 2015
Paris, June 08, 2015
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that its OSS software portfolio has been selected by Robi Axiata Limited, one of the leading mobile telecom operators in Bangladesh.
Robi is the first customer to deploy Alcatel-Lucent’s Motive OSS portfolio, developed to harness the benefits of cloud technologies for operators to reduce costs and enhance services via a totally new and dynamic approach to automating operations.
Robi will deploy the Motive Dynamic Operations platform, a technology solution to enhance the consumer experience by proactively providing the operator with a view of network performance. It will be deployed throughout Robi’s data centers for centralized management and monitoring of the Robi network. The solution is expected to be deployed and operational during the second half of 2015.
- Robi will deploy Alcatel-Lucent’s Motive Service and Unified Resource Engine (SURE), Motive Service Event Manager (SEM) and Motive Service Performance Manager (SPM) software products, part of the Motive Dynamic Operations portfolio. Robi will also deploy incident, problem and change management and workforce management products from Alcatel-Lucent’s technology partners.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing an end-to-end service assurance view that will enable Robi to ensure accurate network inventory management, correlation capability, and automated ticket management capability.
- The Motive Dynamic Operations portfolio creates a clear path for service providers to migrate to the cloud by making their operational infrastructure as agile as the virtualized network and data center.
The portfolio innovates in three unique ways:
a new foundation that can dynamically identify and track all network resources;
- fully automated, programmable OSS that can fulfill orders and assure services;
- a ‘self-healing’ environment driven by network analytics that spans automated recovery to predictive management.
A.K.M Morshed, CTO of Robi Axiata, said: “The Bangladesh market is representative of a large portion of the APAC, CALA and Africa markets where the mobility of the population and appetite for data is growing exponentially. To keep up with this growth, Robi was looking for a solution to help improve customer experience in a very competitive environment.”
Srini Sundararajan, President of Alcatel-Lucent South Asia, said: “As Robi begins its network transformation toward NFV and Cloud operations, it is critical to have OSS capabilities that can support the move to the Cloud. Alcatel-Lucent’s Motive Dynamic Operations platform will enable Robi to streamline its siloed systems onto a more automated and cost efficient operational framework, enhancing its ability to deliver future cloud services with a high level of performance and quality.
Since its launch in June 2014, the Motive Dynamic Operations software portfolio has further expanded to include seven unique and differentiated OSS product offerings (http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/solutions/oss) that combine our deep OSS experience and existing intellectual property to form a unique combination of assets we believe can be disruptive to the OSS market. We do this by helping our customers remove the roadblocks of today’s OSS environments that prevent their ability to maximize the value of an all-IP network and extract the value of emerging SDN & NFV technologies.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.