The After Show: Thursday
Jul 1, 2021
- Thursday 1st July, 2021
Fatih Nar, Chief Architect, Telco Partner Solutions, Red Hat
Gabriele Di Piazza, Sr. Director, Outbound Product Management Telecom, Google
Heather Kirksey, VP, Community and Ecosystem Development, Linux Foundation
Mark Gilmour, Mobile Connectivity Solutions, Colt Technology Services
Neil McRae, Managing Director Architecture & Technology Strategy and BT Chief Architect, BT
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6vWitueWBWo?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of Day Four of Spotlight on 5G week. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by panelists for this end-of-day question and answer session. The news that AT&T is outsourcing its 5G core to Microsoft Azure generated Many viewer questions for our panel. Among the questions raised by our audience were :
- Was the outsourcing deal inevitable? And will all other telcos follow (to the public cloud)?
- Does this mean the dream of the self-built and privately hosted Telco Cloud is now officially over?
- Are we about to see a new wave of competition around offering new XaaS platforms to telcos, how does this affect vendor relationships and the supply ecosystem?
- There are too many options for the MNO clouds. Where do smaller operators get help and advice, especially if they don’t want to sign their platforms away to a cloud company.
- Is Kubernetes the only container management option for telcos - if so, does it need to be adapted for telco use?
We also feature the final installment of our Uncorked series, where we take a look at the major wine producing regions of Spain, with Pierre Mansour, Director of Wine at The Wine Society. Plus, we launch “Your After Show’, and invite you to send in your photographic memories of past MWC events. We will also reveal who has won today’s deciding round of The Great Tapas Taste-Off challenge.
Pierre Mansour, Director of Wine, The Wine Society
THURSDAY: The Society's Exhibition Rioja Reserva 2015
A smooth, savoury and stylish Exhibition-label bottling from La Rioja Alta in Spain. The 2015 is fuller than previous vintages yet retains the graceful, silky expression of this traditional-style Rioja made from long ageing in American oak barrels.
Click here to learn more and subscribe (https://www.thewinesociety.com/)
Chief Architect, Telco Partner Solution, Red Hat
Gabriele Di Piazza
Sr. Director, Outbound Product Management – Telecom, Google
VP, Community and Ecosystem Development, Linux Foundation
Mobile Connectivity Solutions, Colt Technology Services
Managing Director Architecture & Technology Strategy and BT Chief Architect, BT
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.