Live Q&A featuring Appledore, Open Networking Foundation and Telefónica
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Onr3pka4MGs?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day two of the Open Telco Infra Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels was joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- How can a telco best integrate open networking solutions at a hardware level, with legacy infrastructure from proprietary-based vendors?
- What does the panel think about the security challenges of taking an open, disaggregated approach to the telco infrastructure space?
- How can smaller MNOs, who traditionally have a single vendor, move to a 5G standalone infrastructure and keep up with the disaggregation trend?
- Might open networking be taken over by incumbent vendors, who will then repackage components and sell them as a single pre-integrated solution?
- Would a CI/CD/CT approach reduce the barriers to a wider open telco infra ecosystem?
- How painful is the skills shortage issue and what are telcos and vendors doing about it?
- Ajay Thakur, Technical Steering Team Lead, SD-Core Project, Open Networking Foundation
- Francis Haysom, Principal Analyst, Appledore Research
- José Antonio Martín Martínez, Core Network & Platforms Technology, Telefónica Global CTIO
First Broadcast Live: November 2023
Technical Steering Team Lead, SD-Core Project, Open Networking Foundation
Principal Analyst, Appledore Research
José Antonio Martín Martínez
Core Network & Platforms Technology, Telefónica Global CTIO