Sep 28, 2021SAN DIEGO
**SAN DIEGO ** , September 28, 2021 As digital transformation ecosystem members converge at the 3rd annual Smart Cities Accelerate event in San Diego, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is detailing the growth and vision of the Qualcomm oT Services Suite. In less than one year after the offering launch, the unique offering is defining more than 30 smart verticals and introduces an enhanced platform to support the latest IoT as-a-Service (IoTaaS) applications. This growth exemplifies how Qualcomm Technologies is critical to enabling the global digital transformation of industries with a differentiated approach that leverages the growing number of smart devices that make up the connected intelligent edge.
To directly address the fragmented nature of the IoT industry, our Qualcomm IoT Services Suite offering is helping to bridge the gap for IoT service providers and entities looking to efficiently and effectively deploy smart solutions. just one year, the offering has grown beyond our expectations, and we are proud of the interest we have attained and the shift in mentality we have driven to meet the needs of smart solutions across multiple industries beyond just smart cities, said Sanjeet Pandit, senior director and global head of smart cities, Qualcomm Technologies.
A Differentiated Model
The Qualcomm IoT Services Suite benefits businesses and entities looking to adopt smart solutions. The unique IoTaaS model is designed to remove the need to invest in costly and fragmented efforts. Adopting IoTaaS enables streamlined, end-to-end solutions, taking the place of lengthy processes that previously took months or years and can shrink timelines to a matter of weeks. Ultimately this supports rollout with faster time to commercialization and provides increased accessibility to smart solutions and infrastructure for businesses and communities.
What started as intelligent solutions for Smart Cities has emerged as a powerful digital transformation offering, enabling adopters to create self-sustaining revenue models by monetizing their own smart solutions. The Qualcomm IoT Services Suiteâs model is proliferating the digitization of industries, helping to enrich lives through the accelerated transformation of infrastructure and services
An Enhanced Platform
The Qualcomm IoT Services Suite has introduced enhanced platform features to deliver additional capabilities including:
- Drag and drop deployment with low code development
- Automated device onboarding and management
- Streamlined device configuration and customizable user-interface (UI)
- Integrated standard operating procedures (SOP) workflow
- Edge-AI and Cloud integration enabling scalability and efficiency
More than 30 IoTaaS Verticals
Qualcomm Technologies is proud to unveil more than 30 IoTaaS verticals across multiple industries. Highlights of the latest key IoTaaS verticals include:
- **Inspection ** as-a-Service provides the ability to detect incidents on construction sites and deploy roof top inspection, safety and security missions as a first responder, provide emergency response and support for natural disasters, and more with FlightOps.
- **Smart Asset Management as-a-Service ** delivers highly specialized solutions for supply chain visibility, transforming the asset management experience by improving tracking, compliance, and efficiency with Tag N Trac.Â
- **Traffic Management as-a-Service ** reimagines how cities plan, control, and adapt the flow and movement of traffic on their streets and improves the commuting and driving experience for all road users, traffic signal optimization for reduced congestion and improved safety, and event and emergency notification and pre-emptions with NoTraffic.
- **Smart Venues as-a-Service ** utilizes a lidar based safety and security system which adheres to the privacy concerns and optimizes the utilization of space with TheIndoorLabs.
IoT ecosystem leaders showcase validation and support for the latest IoT Services Suite verticals and offerings.
FlightOps is proud and honored to participate as a topic expert for drone management and inspection as a service in the Qualcomm Smart Cities Accelerate 2021 event, presenting and demonstrating how the FlightOps Drone OS coupled with the powerful Qualcomm Flightâ¢ RB5 5G Platform is revolutionizing the #airmobility market. The powerful Qualcomm Flight RB5 5G Platform, coupled with 5G connectivity and our robotic FlightOps drone operating system allows us to offer unprecedented performance and operational scalability, flying larger numbers of drones, to longer distances and performing complex missions in complex and shared airspace,â says Shay Levy, chief executive officer, FlightOps.
Working with cities and traffic agencies throughout the United States and Canada on their urban mobility challenges, we see immediate improvements in their key metrics â such as delay times, CO2 pollution, and safety, not to mention the residentsâ satisfactionâ, says Tal Kreisler, co-founder, chief executive officer, NoTraffic. âThe collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies gives us access to innovative technology on the one hand, and to strategic, mobility-focused initiatives on the other hand, generating a win-win-win scenario in the IoTaaS domain. Qualcomm Technologies solutions are fundamental components of the NoTraffic Autonomous Traffic Management platform.
When you have all sources of information about your global supply chain in one place, itâs easier to ensure your products reach their destination for your customers. Maximizing visibility of the eight imperatives for supply chain excellence includes location monitoring, connectivity, global operations, supply chain intelligence, sensors, temperature monitoring, theft mitigation, and data analytics. Teaming with Qualcomm Technologies on IoTaaS helps us meet these eight imperatives at low cost from silicon to edge computing,â said Venu Gutlapalli, chief executive officer, Tag-N-Trac Inc.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.