Oracle introduces AI-powered intelligent bots to help enterprises engage customers and employees
Oct 3, 2017
Oracle Mobile Cloud Brings Open, Scalable and Intelligent Services to Web, Mobile Applications and Chatbots
Oracle OpenWorld, San Francisco, Calif.—Oct 2, 2017: Oracle today announced a major update of Oracle Mobile Cloud, featuring artificial intelligence (AI)-powered intelligent chatbot capabilities. Expanding Oracle Cloud Platform’s leading mobile portfolio, the new capabilities offer organizations a multi-channel platform, deep analytics that can link key stakeholder experiences across bots, mobile applications and web, as well as simplified bot development features. Using this powerful portfolio, enterprises can better engage with customers and employees across today’s most popular messaging platforms.
In the rapidly expanding mobile economy, businesses are looking for smart and personalized ways to engage with customers via mobile devices. With an estimated 5 billion mobile phones used worldwide, Oracle is helping enterprises meet growing customer demand by being able to seamlessly build, integrate, and secure reliable mobile services.
“As user behavior has dramatically shifted to mobile and messaging platforms, it is critical enterprises evolve to support stakeholders’ preferred channels,” said Amit Zavery, senior vice president, product development, Oracle Cloud Platform. “By using Oracle Mobile Cloud, businesses will be able to continue strengthening these relationships, even as users might be moving away from engaging on websites and traditional mobile applications to messaging channels.”
Leveraging a powerful AI foundation comprised of machine learning, cognitive and knowledge services, dialog and context, and deep learning, the updated Oracle Mobile Cloud enables enterprises to build applications that can automate more engaging conversations at scale. For example, Oracle’s intelligent Bots use deep learning-based natural language understanding (NLU) to comprehend and determine intent of end-user conversations. It can then help companies process these conversations, integrate each with existing business application data, and automatically respond.
Oracle has also made it simple for enterprises to develop bots with the low-code Bot Builder tool. This feature provides one place to design and train NLU models, design conversational dialog flows, and set up channel and enterprise data integration. The builder allows developers to test and deploy bots using an available lifecycle management capability. In addition, the suite also introduces powerful customer experience analytics to offer deep insights into mobile and bot adoption, usage and performance to troubleshoot and personalize engagement with the end user.
“Oracle Mobile Cloud has really helped us reach more customers and partners with greater efficiency,” said Ryan Klose, general manager, technology and innovations at National Pharmacies. “Our early access to the new intelligent bots capabilities is exciting as it has equipped us with a conversational channel that is more human (less business process) with our customers.”
“As an aviation aftermarket services leader, we continuously look for ways to make information easier to access and more available to the aviation industry,” said Kevin Larson, Chief Information Officer at AAR. “We consider Oracle intelligent bots a very promising new channel to interact with our employees and customers which will complement our Web and Mobile solutions in order to further empower our user community with the right information at the right time whether they are an airline or AAR executive, a buyer, an aircraft technician or a warehouse clerk.”
“With Oracle, we are actively developing a ‘channel agnostic’ technology architecture that allows us to build once and quickly apply the new capability across multiple channels,” said Michael Menendez, vice president, IT, BGE and Exelon Utilities. “Not only does this allow us to deliver solutions for emerging channels quickly, it also ensures that our customers have a consistent experience however they choose to interact with us.”
Additional features of the new Oracle Mobile Cloud Enterprise include:
- Enterprise integration that allows customers to deliver real value to end users with access to back end data, user identity and transactional systems
- Access to key insights allowing businesses to identify areas of friction, funnel traffic and analyze user paths
- Bots-to-human hand-offs creating seamless side-routing to humans or external systems with context transfer, and back to bot abilities as needed
- Completely integrated lifecycle management including development, testing, version control and integration with CI/CD
- Continuous evolution offering customers the ability to rapidly improve services as well as access updated AI engine and microservices
- Total flexibility for customers to select channels, dialog flow design, back end integration, model selection and business logic control
- Through Oracle Cloud, a complete solution at lower cost that decreases complexity and offers access to a broad range of leading SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services
Recent industry analyst reports have recognized Oracle Mobile Cloud technology leadership, including its mobile application development, support and scalability. Following are some of these reports:
- Gartner’s 2017 “Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms” report positioned Oracle as a leader for its completeness of vision and ability to execute.
Forrester Research named Oracle a leader in its “The Forrester Wave™: Mobile Development Platforms, Q4 2016” report, and noted its “immediate impact with over 150 customers already on the platform,” its impressive developer experience, and its vision and road map that “set the pace in this market.”
- Try Oracle Mobile Cloud
- Watch the Oracle Mobile Cloud Enterprise Webcast from September 20, 2017
- Oracle Mobile Cloud Enterprise
- Connect with Oracle Cloud on Facebook, Twitter and via the Oracle Cloud Blog
- Connect with Oracle Mobile Cloud on Twitter, LinkedIn and via the Oracle Mobile Blog
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.