Why 5G in industrial smart Factories?
Jul 9, 2021
- Friday 9th July, 2021
Stefania Fuochi, Global Event Specialist, Exor International
Mark Olding, CMO, EXOR International, and CEO of 0n3, the wireless industrial subsidiary of EXOR International
Krishma Hegde, Business Development Manager, Intel Corporation
- Guy Daniels, Director of Content, TelecomTV
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TREQF7bk0Mw?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Companies are racing to have a wireless enhanced broadband, massive machine type and Ultra-reliable, low latency networks. And countries are competing to be the first to deploy fully functional, nationwide 5G. That’s because the benefits of the new technology are expected to fuel transformative new technologies, not just for consumers but also for businesses, infrastructure and industrial applications.
Benefits of 5G?
- Reduce latency — the time it takes for a endpoint/machine to make a request from a server and get a response. And it will make between machines deterministic, faster and easier.
- Network slicing –this enables operators to provide dedicated virtual networks with customer-specific functionality
- Distributed Cloud – this enables placing of workloads closer to the edge for better QoS such as latency;
- Realtime machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) – analytics will be important in making the networks self-optimizing to secure SLA fulfillment for services.
To visit EXOR International's Smart Factory and 5G Lab, please contact [email protected]. Depending on your needs and what you are interested in finding out about EXOR International, we can organize a visit in person or remotely.
For more info please visit intel.com/industrial
Global Event Specialist, Exor International
CMO, EXOR International, and CEO of 0n3, the wireless industrial subsidiary of EXOR International
Business Development Manager, Intel Corporation
Director of Content, TelecomTV
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.