Super Panel: Are MEC and NFV the key building blocks for 5G? Promo
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zcGMN56ObfA?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If NFV is about enabling netwoirk functions to run independently on common and standard compute platforms and MEC is about creating new business opportunities by providing cloud and IT service capabilities at the edge of the network, then are we correct to assume that the two are key building blocks for 5G?
This panel explores:
- Chicken and Egg: Which comes first NFV or MEC?
- Does MEC even need NFV?
- Do the new use cases that MEC will purportedly enable help justify the CSPs RoI in NFV?
- What are these use cases?
- What are the challenges in creating an NFV/MEC architecture for CSPs?
- How can they overcome them?
- Will MEC enable CSPs to offer 5G style services before true 5G infrastructure is deployed?
Moderator & Editor in Chief
Vice President, Data Center Group, & General Manager
5G Infrastructure Division
Diego R. Lopez
Head of Technology Exploration & Standards, Telefónica
Head of Standardisation
Vice President, Aggregation, Transport, IP (TI-ATI) & Infrastructure Cloud Architecture Deutsche Telekom AG
Chief Architect NFV
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Filmed at: SDN NFV World Congress 2017, The Hague, Netherlands
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.