Live Q&A Session – Edgenomics Day 1
Oct 20, 2020
- Broadcast at 16:30 (UK)
- Tuesday, 20 October, 2020
Moderator: Guy Daniels, Director of Content, TelecomTV
Moderator: Ray Le Maistre, Editorial Director, TelecomTV
Alex Reznik, HPE Distinguished Technologist, Telco Chair, ETSI ISG MEC
Ian Hood, Chief Technologist, Red Hat
Jehanne Savi, Senior VP Innovation for Future Connectivity Business & Beyond, Orange
Maria Cuevas, Principal Manager, Mobile and 5G Research Team, BT Labs
Ray Mota, CEO and principal analyst ACG
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tTLrbaQn8xM?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A panel held at the end of Day One of the DSP Leaders Summit on Edgenomics. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre are joined by returning panelists on the first day of the summit to discuss topics related to the economics of Edge for telcos.
Amongst the audience questions posed to the panelists are:
- Is the Edge an essential component for a successful 5G strategy, or is 5G an essential use case for Telco Edge to succeed?
- Are there specific ‘carrier class’ edge computing systems that operators need to consider or is off-the-shelf compute and storage suitable?
- Where should a telco be focusing its R&D for Edge?
- What role do industry bodies play in helping the industry decide the best strategy? Which groups are working well?
- Are there specific services that can only be delivered over 5G with an Edge deployment?
Recorded LIVE on 20th October 2020 from the TelecomTV Studios
Moderator: Guy Daniels
Director of Content, TelecomTV
Moderator: Ray Le Maistre
Editorial Director, TelecomTV
HPE Distinguished Technologist, Telco Chair, ETSI ISG MEC
Chief Technologist, Red Hat
Senior VP Innovation for Future Connectivity Business & Beyond, Orange
Principal Manager, Mobile and 5G Research Team, BT Labs
CEO and principal analyst ACG
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.