Intel Reports Second-Quarter 2021 Financial Results
Via Intel press room
Jul 23, 2021
▪ Second-quarter GAAP revenue of $19.6 billion, flat year over year (YoY), and non-GAAP revenue of $18.5 billion, up 2% YoY, which exceeded April guidance by $700 million.
▪ Second-quarter GAAP earnings-per-share (EPS) was $1.24; non-GAAP EPS was $1.28, which exceeded April guidance by $0.23.
▪ Exceeded Q2 guidance for revenue, EPS, and gross margin; record Q2 revenue in PC and Mobileye businesses.
▪ Raising full-year 2021 guidance. Now expecting GAAP revenue of $77.6 billion and non-GAAP revenue of $73.5 billion; GAAP EPS of $4.09 and non-GAAP EPS of $4.80.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 22, 2021 -- Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter 2021 financial results.
“There’s never been a more exciting time to be in the semiconductor industry. The digitization of everything continues to accelerate, creating a vast growth opportunity for us and our customers across core and emerging business areas. With our scale and renewed focus on both innovation and execution, we are uniquely positioned to capitalize on this opportunity, which I believe is merely the beginning of what will be a decade of sustained growth across the industry,” said Pat Gelsinger, Intel CEO. “Our second-quarter results show that our momentum is building, our execution is improving, and customers continue to choose us for leadership products.”
Second-quarter revenue exceeded April guidance led by continued strength in Intel's Client Computing Group (CCG) and strong recovery in both Intel's Internet of Things Group (IOTG) and the Enterprise portion of its Data Center Group (DCG).
The PC and Mobileye businesses both achieved record Q2 revenue. In the second quarter, PC platform volumes were up 33 percent YoY and Mobileye closed 10 additional design wins for more than 16 million total lifetime units.
▪ Announced a $3.5 billion investment to equip Intel’s New Mexico operations for the manufacturing of advanced semiconductor packaging technologies, including Foveros.
▪ Launched 12 new processors for client, including 11th Gen Intel Core with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics and Intel® Xeon® W-11000 series processors with more than 300 designs expected this year.
▪ Announced partnership with Microsoft including Intel Bridge Technology to deliver better mobile experiences on Windows-powered PCs.
▪ Leading cloud service providers, including Alibaba, Baidu, Microsoft, and Oracle are offering services based on the latest 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable (“Ice Lake”) processors.
▪ Unveiled the Intel Network Platform and expanded networking leadership product portfolio with new FPGA, software, and Ethernet solutions.
▪ Announced partnership with Ericsson to expand cloud radio access network to increase 5G performance.
▪ Mobileye and ZF were selected by Toyota Motor Corp to develop advanced driver assistance systems.
▪ Announced Mobileye as the only company holding an autonomous vehicle testing permit in New York.
▪ Announced new organizational changes and welcomed renowned technologists to strengthen execution and innovation in critical business areas.
As part of its IDM 2.0 strategy, Intel is accelerating its annual cadence of innovation with new advancements in semiconductor process and packaging. Join the public webcast at newsroom.intel.com at 2 p.m. PDT on Monday, July 26, for more information on Intel’s process and packaging roadmaps.
Intel's guidance for the third quarter and full year includes both GAAP and non-GAAP estimates. Our Non-GAAP measures exclude the NAND memory business, which is subject to a previously-announced pending sale, as well as certain other items. Reconciliations between GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures are included below. Intel's guidance includes a one-time tax benefit to EPS of approximately $0.10 in Q3.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.