HP Makes ENVY 8 Note Tablet Great for Productivity On the Go with Revolutionary New Keyboard
Via HP (UK)
Oct 7, 2015
Small tablet with nearly full-sized keyboard offers premium notebook feel and boasts stylus-based note-taking experience
Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 7, 2015 – HP today announced the HP ENVY 8 Note, a tablet-first device that offers customers unprecedented mobile productivity with a 10 inch keyboard and intuitive note-taking capabilities.
“Customer feedback on previous generation tablets focused on how they like to use tablets for productivity on the go, so we created a device that offers the portability of an 8 inch tablet with the productivity of a small notebook,” said Michael Park, vice president and general manager, Mobility, Personal Systems, HP. “The HP ENVY 8 Note combines the portability of a Windows 10 optimized tablet with a nearly full-size premium keyboard that doubles as a protective case for the tablet.”
The HP ENVY 8 Note is beautifully designed 8 inch diagonal tablet that is just 7.7 millimeters thin and weighs 0.8 pounds.(1) For customers who want the flexibility of a tablet and the functionality of a notebook, the HP ENVY 8 Note enables customers to travel light with the tablet alone or dock with the optional 10-inch HP ENVY Note Keyboard Folio. The premium keyboard folio is made from aluminum and offers the same 1.5 millimeters of key travel as HP’s most premium notebooks. For the full productivity experience, the keyboard base includes both an 89 x 34 millimeter click-pad and a slot designed to hold the tablet in place in either landscape or portrait modes, so you can crank out a blog post, edit a presentation or revise a spreadsheet. The innovative keyboard base can store the tablet into the back for protection and portability.
The HP Envy 8 Note also includes HP Instant Note, an intuitive software experience to complement the stylus that comes with the tablet. By simply pressing the pen button, a note pops up to start writing. HP Instant Note captures content and embeds links to webpages eliminating extra copy and paste steps. The note is automatically saved in OneNote and can be accessed via HP Notes Hub, a timeline view to access content and events.
The HP ENVY 8 Note is designed for customers to be connected and productive on the go. The HP ENVY 8 Note is powered by an Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8300(2) with Intel® HD Graphics, clocking from 1.44 GHz up to 1.84 GHz in turbo mode, with up to 6.25 hours of battery life.(3)
An 8-inch 1080p full high-definition(4) (FHD) (1920 x 1200) diagonal display delivers crisp and vibrant viewing experiences. The display is layered with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 to give the tablet durability for the mobile customer. HP ENVY 8 Note runs Windows 10 in tablet and desktop modes, giving customers access to the Office Mobile suite to get things done when at home or at a café. The HP ENVY 8 Note has a built in high speed LTE module ready for customers to connect virtually anywhere with Verizon 4G LTE, the nation’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network right out of the box and choose from a variety of Verizon plans.(5)
For customers who want to capture that perfect family moment or video, the HP ENVY 8 Note comes with a 5 mega pixel Autofocus rear-facing camera with a high quality sensor to take crisp and beautiful photos. A 2 mega pixel front-facing camera allows customers to take great selfies or for video chat using Skype. With Audio by B&O Play, customers can immerse themselves in their video conference, music, or movie.
The HP ENVY 8 Note has a micro SIM card slot, a micro SD card reader and a micro USB 2.0 OTG port for charging and connecting accessories. The keyboard also has a micro USB 2.0 port for charging.
The HP ENVY 8 Note is compatible with a number of accessories to complement the experience and are offered separately including the HP in Ear Headset and the new HP Roar Travel wireless speaker, power charger and phone speaker in one. Available soon on the HP Store.
Pricing and Availability(6)
The HP ENVY 8 Note is expected to be available in the United States at www.hp.com/go/envy-note and select retailers on November 8, 2015. Starting price for the tablet and stylus is $329. The Tablet, stylus and keyboard folio is $429.
Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
(1) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(2) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(3) Testing conducted by HP consisting of full battery discharge while running a 720p HD video playback with the speaker at default volume as the audio output device. Prior to testing, the system was fully charged and set to display brightness of 150 nits, Bluetooth off and WLAN off. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage
(4) Full High-definition (HD) content required to view FHD images.
(5) Verizon 4G LTE module requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions. HP lt4114 LTE 4G Module for use on the Verizon LTE network only.
(6) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.