Launches 4G services in Bhopal, Raisen and Vidisha
Introduces exciting 4G offer for Pre-paid customers: Now enjoy 10 GB 4G data for just Rs 249 with every new 4G mobile handset
- In an industry first, Airtel 4G in Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh has been rolled out on 10 MHz of spectrum in 1800MHz band using the latest FD LTE technology
- 4G available at 3G prices and all customers can get one-time 2GB free 4G data with U-SIM upgrade
- The launch is part of Project Leap – Airtel’s national network transformation initiative. Airtel 4G services now in 18 circles across India
Bhopal, October 19, 2016 : Following the roll out of its 4G services in Indore, Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today announced the launch of its 4G services in Bhopal, Raisen and Vidisha.
Airtel 4G will deliver fast mobile broadband speeds and enable customers to enjoy uninterrupted HD video streaming, superfast uploading and downloading of movies, music and images. Customer will be able to access 4G across a range of smart devices including mobile phones, 4G MiFi and dongles with value-for-money pre-paid and post-paid plans.
Airtel has deployed state-of-the-art FD LTE technology in the 1800 Mhz band to roll out 4G services across Madhya Pradesh. Also, in an industry first, 4G services in Madhya Pradesh have been rolled out using 10 Mhz of 1800 Mhz spectrum and this will help deliver a superior mobile broadband experience to Airtel customers in the state.
Commenting on the launch, Dharmender Khajuria, Chief Executive Officer, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh, Bharti Airtel Limited said,
“We are delighted to launch our 4G services in Bhopal, Raisen and Vidisha. Our valued customers can now upgrade to 4G at no additional cost with our value for money plans for pre-paid, post-paid & devices. We are confident of augmenting our users smartphone experience with Airtel 4G - India’s widest 4G network.”
Airtel also announced a new 4G offer for prepaid customers who can now enjoy 10 GB 4G data for just Rs 249 with any new 4G handset. With Rs 249 recharge, 1 GB data will be instantly credited to the customer’s account and the additional 9 GB data can be claimed by the customer through My Airtel app.
Customers can choose from a range of other Postpaid and Prepaid packs to enjoy Airtel 4G
- Airtel’s Infinity plans starting from Rs. 1199 will offer 4G data with unlimited voice calls for STD, local and roaming.
- Airtel’s myPlan offers Post-paid customers the convenience of designing their own plans.
- Airtel’s special 4G Prepaid pack for Rs. 1495/- offering free* 4G data for 90 days.
- Another innovative 4G prepaid pack priced at Rs 1498/-, offers 6GB 4G data upfront and customers can get 1GB 4G at Rs. 54/- for the next 12 months. Monthly plans for 4G devices start from Rs. 450/- and customer can also avail the attractive advance rental plans starting from Rs. 4500/- to avail their new device free of cost.
Airtel has led the 4G story in India, having launched India’s first 4G network in Kolkata in April 2012. Airtel’s 4G services are currently available in 18 circles across India.
In November 2015, Airtel commenced the implementation of its network transformation program - Project Leap. With a national investment of INR 60,000 Crores over the next three years, Airtel’s “Project Leap” is a strategic company initiative aimed at perceptibly improving its network quality and delivering the best customer experience.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.