Multi-access Edge Computing: Business Models for Service Provider Success
Dec 7, 2017
Hosted By: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Intel
Speakers: Caroline Y. Chan, Clarence Reynolds, Jonas Strobel, Vinay Saxena
There is much excitement about the transformative potential of MEC for Service Providers in the market today. And while it seems clear that MEC is highly complementary to telcos’ SDN and NFV deployments and 5G strategies the business models and use cases that will ensure it is commercially viable are not as apparent.
In this Innovation Xchange session, based upon research carried out by STL Partners on behalf of Intel and HPE we explore the following:
- What are the use cases that will ensure the commercial viability of MEC for Service Providers?
- How can telcos position themselves to customers as an alternative to the hyper scale cloud providers and OTT players?
- What are the internal and external benefits of MEC to telcos.
- Analysis of value chain and 3 year business models for specific MEC services:
- Edge IaaS/PaaS/NaaS
- Dedicated edge hosting
- Retail applications
- How the characteristics and skill of the operator will need to change to successfully implement different business models/use cases
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.