Teracom A/S launches digital TV system with Cisco encoding solution
Jun 6, 2016
COLOGNE, Germany, ANGA COM, June 6, 2016 – Teracom A/S, the leading provider of digital terrestrial transmitted radio and TV in Denmark, has launched a new digital headend, which enhances its digital terrestrial television (DTT) services.
Teracom A/S, in close collaboration with Cisco, performed a technology renewal and replacement project to help simplify terrestrial distribution for national and regional TV broadcasters in Denmark.
Using the D9902 Digital Content Manager® (DCM), Teracom will be able to broadcast more high-definition content and services by using the same applicable bandwidth, over the DTT network. DCM functions include:
- Audio and video encoding for HD and SD programming
- IP statistical multiplexing
- Multiplexing and processing prior to signal transmission
- System redundancy/backup
- Single Frequency Network (SFN) adaptation of the signal
Why Cisco DCM:
- Offers flexibility and modularity on one common platform
- Delivers unmatched service uptime and redundancy support
- Provides low total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Offers lower operating costs and energy savings of up to 40%
- Offers the potential to expand into a unique hybrid platform with the Cisco® Virtual Digital Content Manager (vDCM)
“Cisco is a trusted advisor we can rely on,” said Martin Løbel, chief executive officer, Teracom A/S. “Together, the local Cisco video team and our technical staff have created an encoding and IP statistical multiplexing solution for our broadcast customers that meets our critical business plan, and goals for features and timing.”
“With the DCM being a key element of the Cisco hybrid virtual solution, it can support a full range of video entertainment services,” said Yves Padrines, vice president, Global Service Provider, Cisco EMEAR. “We have enjoyed a long working relationship with Teracom over the years, and we continue to design and implement network technology solutions that will meet current and future challenges.”
About Teracom A/S
Teracom A/S is part of Teracom Boxer Group in Sweden and is the principal national and regional radio and TV programme provider in Denmark. The company is based in Hoeje Taastrup, Denmark.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.