Telekom Austria Group achieves growth in revenues, EBITDA and net result in the second Quarter 2017
Jul 20, 2017
Highlights for the second quarter of 2017
- Group total revenues increased by 4.0% (reported: +5.1%), with service revenue growth in all markets except from the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Macedonia, despite roaming regulation impact.
- Group EBITDA growth of 7.8% (reported: 9.1%) mainly due to growth in Belarus, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia and the Republic of Macedonia.
- Reported net result increased by 36.5% in the second quarter of 2017 from EUR 82.4 mn to EUR 112.5 mn.
- Results on a reported basis were supported by:
- The acquisition of the fixed-line operator Metronet in Croatia, which was closed on 15 February 2017. The company has been consolidated as of 1 February 2017.
- The acquisition of the fixed-line provider Atlant Telecom and its subsidiary TeleSet in Belarus, consolidated as of 1 December 2016.
- There were no one-off effects included in the second quarter of 2016 and 2017.
- Launch of cloud services in Croatia, Bulgaria and Belarus
“We are continuing our good path, driven by a solid performance in our markets. In the second quarter we saw an increase in group revenues by 4.0 % and the EBITDA rose by 7.8% and negative effects from the stepwise abolition of retail roaming in the EU. Our net result increased by 36.5% in the second quarter of 2017 from EUR 82.4 mn to EUR 112.5 mn. According to our strategy, we are continuing to focus on growth in our core and we have been organically strengthening our capabilities thanks to M&A activities. On the innovation side we have launched a new set of cloud services in Austria as well as our marketplace offer within the footprint” .says Alejandro Plater, CEO & COO Telekom Austria Group.
*The highlights for the second quarter and the first half of 2017 are published in line with the reporting date of our parent company América Móvil, S.A.B. de C.V. The detailed information will be published on 25 July 2017.
|Proforma view in EUR million||Q2 2017 reported||Q2 2016 proforma||% change||1-6 M 2017 reported||1-6 M 2016 proforma||% change|
|thereof total service revenues*)||966.4||939.8||02. Aug||1,922.50||1.861.3||03. Mrz|
|Wireless revenues||663.2||646.9||02. Mai||1,307.20||1,275.80||02. Mai|
|thereof service revenues||536.1||531.9||0.8||1,060.20||1,051.70||0.8|
|thereof equipment revenues||105.2||94.3||11. Jun||201.8||184.2||09. Jun|
|Fixed-line and other revenues||419.7||394.3||06. Mai||834.6||783||06. Jun|
|EBITDA||359.3||333.3||07. Aug||698.9||670.7||04. Feb|
|% total revenues||33.20%||32.00%||32.60%||32.60%|
|EBIT||146.5||116.4||25. Aug||272.9||235.9||15. Jul|
|% total revenues||13.50%||11.20%||12.70%||11.50%|
|Wireless indicators||Q2 2017 reported||Q2 2016 proforma||% change||1-6 M 2017 reported||1-6 M 2016 proforma||% change|
|Wireless subscribers (thousands)||20,677.00||20,481.80||1||20,677.00||20,481.80||1|
|Prepaid||5,536.80||5,636.60||- 1.8||5,536.80||5,636.60||- 1.8|
|MoU (per Ø subscriber)||307||309||- 0.6||304.7||303.7||0.3|
|ARPU (EUR)||08. Jul||08. Jul||0||08. Jun||08. Mai||0.4|
|Wireline indicators||Q2 2017||Q2 2016||% change||1-6 M 2017||1-6 M 2016||% change|
|RGUs||5,899.00||5,902.60||- 0.1||5,899.00||5,902.60||- 0.1|
- including other operating income Proforma figures include effects of M&A transactions executed between the start of the comparison period and the end of the reporting period
Detailed information can be found in the trading statement: https://www.telekomaustria.com/en/newsroom/ir-news
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.