Sanqi Li from Huawei: Challenges of SDN/NFV towards Distributed Cloud Network
Apr 18, 2016
[Beijing, China, April 12, 2016] China SDN/NFV Conference 2016 is held in Beijing on April 12, 2016. Huawei's CTO of Products and Solutions Dr.Li Sanqi pointed out in his speech that the next challenge of SDN/NFV technology is deployable and operational distributed cloud network.
Huawei’s Products and Solutions CTO Dr.Li Sanqi gave speech in China SDN/NFV Conference 2016
Looking back upon the 3 stages of SDN (Software Defined Network) development: Software Abstract Network in 2010, Software Controlled Network in 2012, and Software Distributed Network from 2015, Li Sanqi pointed out that there are nine major challenges for SDN/NFV technology to achieve the deployable and operational distributed cloud network:
- How to construct a tiered and hierarchical SDN network architecture with dynamic control
- How to establish a new distributed network awareness framework which is asynchronous, push-type, event driven and sequential
- How to construct a real-time big data analytic architecture which is geo-distributed and hierarchical
- How to achieve global topology-driven, template-oriented declarative network data modeling
- How to effectively integrate the cross layer orchestration framework proposed by multiple operators and organizations
- How to implement migration of network control from distributed model to centralized model
- How to realize the network function from virtualization to cloud, from monolithic service to micro service
- How to build a “1+2+1” IoT Connection Management Framework: 1 unified IoT management platform, 2 access modes of wireless and fixed, and 1 IoT OS embedded in the terminal
- How to bridge SDN/NFV with rapidly emerged open ecosystem of distributed cloud system technologies
SDN/NFV technology not only affects the evolution of fixed network, but is also the key supporting technology in the development of 4G to 5G mobile communication network. China is committed to taking the lead in considering the problems in the process of deployment and operation, and promotes the information exchange of the global industry through the SDN/NFV Industry Alliance and other organizations. This technology conference held by SDN/NFV Industry Alliance not only attracts China's three major telecom operators and CT/IT equipment providers, but also invited representatives from the United States and Europe, international organizations like ONOS/OPNFV, and many top companies in CT/IT industry. Thousands of people took part in this event. Based on the judgment of global SDN /NFV technology, Li Sanqi hopes to guide participants to think seriously.
Facing the next challenges, HUAWEI actively takes part in the process of building a distributed cloud network and share its experience. Huawei is a platinum member and top-ranking contributor in OPNFV organization and holds several important seats. It has the largest number of proposals in the ETSI NFV Standard Organization. HUAWEI not only obtained remarkable achievement in the field of ICT and SDN/NFV, but also made considerable progress in the field of distributed big data and IT. It is the main contributor in the SPARK organization, and the strategic partner of the Kubernetes organization. HUAWEI has done in-depth exploration in the entire field of SDN/NFV, cloud, distributed technology and big data, and actively participates in the construction of open eco-system of distributed cloud system with SDN/NFV Industry Alliance. As one of the industry leaders in the field of commercial products, up to the first quarter of 2016, HUAWEI has more than 60 SDN/NFV joint innovation and commercial projects with more than 20 operators globally. All industry parties should cooperate to build the future success.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.