Nokia Networks, SmarTone bring LTE to one of the world's most densely populated regions, Macau
Via Nokia Newscenter
Nov 11, 2015
- Nokia Networks sole supplier of radio and core network infrastructure
- Professional services expertise enables November 2015 commercial launch of high-speed data services
Macau – 11 November 2015
SmarTone, a leader in mobile communications in Macau, has commissioned Nokia Networks to upgrade its existing 3G network to 4G LTE. In the scope of the 5-year contract, Nokia Networks is planning and deploying the operator’s 4G** LTE network in one of the world’s densest traffic areas. Macau residents and tourists can benefit from superior mobile broadband connectivity with comprehensive coverage, **capacity and quick Internet response times.
Nokia Networks’ multi-layer optimization services will ensure seamless interaction between different technologies (2G, 3G, LTE) and frequency layers for the best customer experience, while its systems integration expertise will allow for a smooth migration of data to the new Subscriber Data Management platform, facilitating the rapid launch of new services in the future.
Nokia Networks’ project management expertise and best practice gained from around the world enable the commercial launch for SmarTone in November 2015.
Overview of the products and services delivered by Nokia Networks:
- Single RAN Advanced solution, based on the energy-efficient, high-capacity Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and Subscriber Data Management platform, a centralized database for all relevant subscriber information
- Self Organizing Networks (SON) software features for more network efficiency
- NetAct, a virtualized OSS, will be updated for effective and consolidated configuration, monitoring, management and optimization of SmarTone’s LTE network
- Network planning and optimization, systems integration and network implementation services to ensure high network quality and a swift rollout
Patrick Chan, Chief Executive Officer, SmarTone Macau, said:
“As a customer-centric company, we have been delivering outstanding experiences to our customers in 3G and will do the same in 4G LTE. As we are evolving our network infrastructure to address future capacity requirements, our longstanding partner Nokia Networks helps us seamlessly migrate to a 4G LTE network to provide our customers in Macau with an enhanced mobile broadband experience.”
Michael Shieh, Head of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau Sub-region, Nokia Networks, said :
“We are proud to be working with SmarTone on its journey to ultra-fast LTE-based broadband connectivity, having already helped the operator build its 2G and 3G networks. Our services experts can meet the challenges of such a high-volume traffic area and are supporting this journey throughout, from the planning phase through system integration and implementation, and also with network maintenance and staff training.”
Did you know?
- Nokia Networks has more than 180 LTE customers, which serve subscribers across all continents, including many of the world’s most vibrant metropolitan areas, with fastest mobile broadband.
- The company completes more than 300,000 site activities every year, with a new site coming on air every 100 seconds.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.