Jul 18, 2017 05:29 (GMT+0:00)
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Reported sales decreased by -8% YoY. Sales, adjusted for comparable units and currency, decreased by -13% YoY. The RAN equipment market for 2017 is estimated to show a high single-digit percentage decline compared with previous estimate of -2% to -6%.
- Gross margin was 27.9% (32.3%). Gross margin, excluding restructuring charges, was 29.8% (33.2%).
- Operating income was SEK -1.2 b. Operating income, excluding restructuring charges was SEK 0.3 b., with a YoY decline in all segments.
- Networks operating margin was 7%. Operating margin, excluding restructuring charges, declined to 10% (13%) negatively impacted by continued lower software sales.
- IT & Cloud operating income was negatively impacted by less capitalization of development expenses QoQ and YoY.
- Planned cost reduction activities will be accelerated, due to current market environment, to achieve an annual run rate reduction of at least SEK 10 b. by mid-2018.
- The company sees an increased risk of further market and customer project adjustments with an estimated negative impact on operating income of SEK 3-5 b. for the coming 12 months.
- Due to technology and portfolio shifts capitalization of costs will be reduced and is estimated to result in a net negative impact on operating income of SEK -2.9 (1.3) b. in the second half 2017, with no impact on cash.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 0.0 (-0.7) b.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.