April 25, 2017, 07:29 (CEST)
FIRST QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Reported sales decreased by -11% YoY. Sales, adjusted for currency, decreased -16% YoY partly due to lower IPR licensing revenues which amounted to SEK 2.0 (3.8) b.
- Provisions and adjustments related to certain customer contracts of SEK -8.4 b., asset write-downs of SEK -3.3 b. and restructuring charges of SEK -1.7 b. were made in the quarter, in line with the announcement on March 28, 2017.
- Gross margin was 13.9%. Adjusted1) gross margin declined to 30.5% (33.9%) mainly due to lower IPR licensing revenues.
- Operating income was SEK -12.3 b. Adjusted1) operating income declined to SEK 1.1 (4.1) b. due to lower sales and lower gross margin.
- Networks operating margin was -2%. Networks adjusted1) operating margin was solid at 12%, despite lower sales including reduced IPR licensing revenues.
- IT & Cloud operating income was SEK -9.0 b. Adjusted1) operating income for IT & Cloud showed a significant negative development YoY with increased losses. Actions have been initiated to improve performance.
- Media operating income was SEK -2.8 b. Adjusted1) operating income was significantly reduced YoY. Strategic opportunities are being explored.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK -1.5 (-2.4) b.
1) Restructuring, write-down of assets as well as provisions and adjustments related to certain customer projects had a significant negative impact on the reported Q1 2017 result. Numbers excluding these items are referred to in the text as "adjusted", please see page 3 for reconciliation.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.