Company Continues to Lead by Example with Enduring Commitment to D&I.
AT&T released its 2016 Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Annual Report. The report reaffirms the company’s position as a diverse and inclusive employer of choice and valued partner in the communities in which it serves. Highlights of the company’s D&I accomplishments include:
- People of color make up 43% and women 32% of the 270,000 employees worldwide.
- More than 11,000 employees are veterans.
- More than 136,000 employees participated as members of employee groups. Members donated more than 383,000 volunteer hours in 2016.
- $400MM committed through AT&T Aspire since 2008 to promote student success in school and beyond.
“This report is a window into how we empower our employees and benefit from their individual gifts,” said Cynt Marshall, senior vice president and chief diversity officer, AT&T. “We continue to set a high bar for all our diversity & inclusion efforts, and I’m so pleased to say we continue to exceed them.”
Helping AT&T to achieve and exceed its goals are the company’s award-winning employee groups. These groups not only provide an additional opportunity for employees to come together, but also provide a mechanism in which employees can give back to their local communities through volunteer events, student scholarships and more.
The results shared in this year’s report show how important diversity and inclusion is at all levels at AT&T. The work being done in this space continues to build on the company’s success and is championed throughout the organization.
“From our chairman to our frontline teams, AT&T is a company where differences are celebrated and inclusion is embedded in all we do,” said Marshall. “We believe every voice matters, and have seen that philosophy drive amazing innovation and growth.”
* Claim based on the Nielsen Certified Data Network Score. Score includes data reported by wireless consumers in the Nielsen Mobile Insights survey, network measurements from Nielsen Mobile Performance and Nielsen Drive Test Benchmarks for Q3+Q4 2016 across 121 markets.
** Global coverage claim based on offering discounted voice and data roaming; LTE roaming; and voice roaming in more countries than any other U.S. based carrier. International service required. Coverage not available in all areas. Coverage may vary per country and be limited/restricted in some countries.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.