Alcatel-Lucent transforms network operations for Chorus in New Zealand to improve cost effectiveness and end-user satisfaction
Oct 28, 2015
Hamilton, New Zealand, October 27, 2015
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) is to transform network operations for Chorus in New Zealand under a five-year managed services agreement that will deliver round-the-clock monitoring and analysis of the operator’s nationwide copper and fiber wholesale networks.
As a result of the agreement, Alcatel-Lucent will transform Chorus’ network operations from legacy systems and processes to the latest proactive and real time monitoring and analysis tools to ensure the delivery of consistently high service quality for customers. The services will be led from a new network operation center in Hamilton, New Zealand.
The agreement comes after the New Zealand government laid out plans to upgrade the country’s telecommunications infrastructure through the Ultra-Fast Broadband and Rural Broadband Initiatives, which aim to satisfy growing demand for data connectivity, with fiber-based ultra-broadband fixed access networks connecting 75% of the population and wireless connectivity for the remaining rural population.
Chorus owns New Zealand’s nationwide copper network infrastructure and is currently deploying a fiber network infrastructure that will deliver ultra-fast broadband in partnership with the New Zealand government to 830,000 homes and businesses – including those in Auckland, the country’s largest and most populous city.
Under the contract, Alcatel-Lucent will use its extensive managed services expertise to provide Chorus with insight into its network operations, driving down costs and driving up customer satisfaction.
The new Hamilton facility will work closely with Alcatel-Lucent’s global network operations center in Bangalore, India, to provide round-the-clock real-time network monitoring to prevent faults, improve network availability and reduce network incidents to ensure continuous service quality. This will allow Chorus to meet the challenges of increasing demand and to deliver ‘better broadband’ to retail service providers, homes, schools and businesses in New Zealand.
Key Facts :
- Under a five-year contract, Alcatel-Lucent is transforming Chorus network operations with the application of a new service model.
- Alcatel-Lucent has opened a new network operation center in Hamilton, New Zealand, with more than 40 specialised staff.
- New Zealand operations will also be supported from Alcatel-Lucent’s global network operation center in Bangalore, India.
- By deploying its extensive managed services expertise, Alcatel-Lucent will give Chorus control of the performance of its legacy copper network as well as the new fiber infrastructure as it is rolled out across the country, using automated and standardized processes to control costs and drive continuous service improvement as customer demands grow.
- Alcatel-Lucent will use new toolsets and processes to perform real-time monitoring and analysis of the networks – including proactive correlation of network events, to prevent network issues and improve network availability.
- The agreement with Chorus reinforces a long-standing collaboration between the companies: Alcatel-lucent is already a supplier of fixed ultra-broadband access technology for the Chorus Ultra-Fast-Broadband Network, and has also deployed its 7950 Extensible Routing System to support the ‘Chorus Accelerate’ program. Alcatel-Lucent will also continue to provide its leading professional services expertise including design and integration services as the network is transformed.
Ewen Powell, Chief Technology Officer of Chorus said :
“Working with Alcatel-Lucent, we are transforming our systems to facilitate future growth while ensuring we are equipped to deliver the highest quality of service and customer satisfaction. Alcatel-Lucent’s expertise in managed services will provide us with new levels of insight across our network of local exchanges, cabinets and copper and fiber cables, elevating our capability to deliver the future of telecommunications for New Zealand.”
Sean O’Halloran, President and Managing Director of Alcatel-Lucent Oceania said :
“Chorus is rapidly transforming New Zealand’s legacy telecommunications infrastructure to a world-leading platform that will support the nation’s future innovation, and social and economic development. Drawing on Alcatel-Lucent’s outstanding global expertise and local presence, Chorus can now proactively manage networks to drive continuous improvement - even as demand and traffic rises. Our on-tap, experienced local and global teams can draw upon proven tools, systems and processes to proactively improve network availability while lowering costs.”