Live Q&A featuring Deutsche Telekom, Commscope, ConnectiviTree (Europe) AG, Orange Poland, Telefónica and Vodafone UK
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jRMeVgYN_rM?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day two of The Green Network Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- How well understood is data on power consumption; how much scope for ambiguity is there?
- Is it best practice if we bundle "energy reduction" and "carbon reduction" targets and treat them as one challenge?
- What are the current technologies to reduce carbon emissions for rural or off-grid power telco stations?
- If telcos are too reluctant to set benchmarks for energy reduction, then do we have to turn to the regulators?
- Has any operator actually achieved carbon neutrality at this point?
- How are Scope 3 goals influencing buying decisions?
- Is sustainability a parameter in requests for proposals (RFPs)?
First Broadcast Live: January 2023
Global Supply Chain Director, Telefónica
Head of Infrastructure and Energy, Vodafone UK
Climate Officer, Orange Poland
CTO, ConnectiviTree (Europe) AG
CTO Europe, Outdoor Wireless Networks, CommScope
Senior Partner Manager, Deutsche Telekom and Lead of Green Future Networks project at NGMN Alliance