Live Q&A featuring American Tower Corporation, BT Global, Juniper Networks, Verizon and Weaver Labs
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W8ACgKz-d24?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The live Q&A show was broadcast at the end of day two of The Green Network Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- What will the impact of edge datacentres be on the profile of power consumption?
- Is network optimisation the easiest or quickest way to reduce energy and emissions?
- Should all network operators be mandated to share their physical infrastructure in order to reduce the telecom sector's carbon footprint?
- Should telcos extend the lifetime of their network equipment to make their networks more green? Isn't older equipment more power hungry?
- Are we starting to view energy efficiency as preferable to pure performance when it comes to selecting telco infrastructure?
First Broadcast Live: January 2023
SDN Product Strategies, Verizon
Director of Product Marketing, Cloud Metro & Security, Juniper Networks
Co-Founder, Weaver Labs
Senior Manager of Global Digital Sustainability, BT Global
VP Innovation & Strategy - Energy, American Tower Corporation