AT&T continues to see high numbers in mobility network traffic and viewership
Via AT&T News Room
Apr 8, 2020
AT&T’s mobile network continues to perform during the COVID-19 public health crisis. With more people staying in, we’ve seen a significant jump in mobile network usage and viewership across DIRECTV and AT&T TV customers.
Mobile Network Traffic Numbers Continue to Rise
- Video accounted for nearly half of all mobile network traffic, while social networking and web browsing remain the highest percentage (almost a quarter each) of overall mobility traffic
- VoIP, including mobile video conferencing, is up 55% compared to the last month, and continues to climb with 17% increase since last week
- Email continues to decline and is down 8% since last week
Customer Viewership Heavy on News
- 14% increase in hours of tv watched week over week
- 6 out of the top 10 shows last week were news related
- Kids programming continues to rank at the top of the list as kids are still home from school across the country
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.