AT&T continues to see high numbers in mobility network traffic and viewership
Via AT&T News Room
Apr 8, 2020
AT&T’s mobile network continues to perform during the COVID-19 public health crisis. With more people staying in, we’ve seen a significant jump in mobile network usage and viewership across DIRECTV and AT&T TV customers.
Mobile Network Traffic Numbers Continue to Rise
- Video accounted for nearly half of all mobile network traffic, while social networking and web browsing remain the highest percentage (almost a quarter each) of overall mobility traffic
- VoIP, including mobile video conferencing, is up 55% compared to the last month, and continues to climb with 17% increase since last week
- Email continues to decline and is down 8% since last week
Customer Viewership Heavy on News
- 14% increase in hours of tv watched week over week
- 6 out of the top 10 shows last week were news related
- Kids programming continues to rank at the top of the list as kids are still home from school across the country
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.