EE makes smart home technology easier and more affordable for customers with widest range of products, expert help and add to plan
Jun 22, 2018
- EE is the first UK network to support all major smart home ecosystems with new, strategic partnerships with Hive and Nest
- Customers can add the latest smart home products to their smartphone plan, and spread the cost over 11 months, without any interest with EE’s Add To Plan
- EE smart home customers also get free unlimited access to a dedicated Smart Home Help Team for a year
EE today launched its smart home range in EE stores, online and over the phone - designed to make the smart home more accessible to customers across the UK. EE’s new smart home range offers the best and latest smart home products available and ensure they work seamlessly with a customer’s smart phone.
EE is becoming the first UK network to support all major smart home ecosystems with new, strategic partnerships with Hive and Nest plus a wide range of smart cameras, thermostats, sensors and lighting brands – providing options for customers whether they prefer Google Assistant, Alexa, Hive or Apple HomeKit smart home ecosystems.
As more customers equip their homes with the latest smart home technology, all controlled by their smartphones, EE can provide the best advice and support based on a customer’s needs, regardless of the devices they own or the operating system used.
EE’s Smart Home range is available through EE stores (with new dedicated Smart Home sections in select shops) online, and over the phone. EE Pay Monthly customers will be able to buy products interest-free on their smartphone plan using EE Add To Plan, and receive 12 months of expert help on a dedicated support line – the EE Smart Home Help Team.
EE is offering customers a variety of different smart home products from leading brands including Hive, Nest, Ring, Philips Hue, Honeywell and TP-Link. Products include:
- Hive Active Heating, Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell T6R-HW Thermostat – Save money on your energy bills and control your heating from any smartphone
- TP-Link WiFi Smart Plug and Hive Active Plug – Never panic about leaving a plug on again
- Hive Active Lighting, Philips Hue White Starter Kit –Turn your lights on from anywhere
- Nest Cam Indoor and Hive View – Watch your home from your holiday
- Google Home and Apple HomePod – Control your home with your voice
EE Add To Plan
Now EE customers can make it easier to pay for the latest smart home technology by to adding Smart Home purchases to their pay monthly smartphone plan, spreading the cost over 11 months without any interest.
Smart Home Help Team
EE is also offering a free setup and support helpline for 12 months to customers’ purchases of any smart home device from EE. As part of the service EE’s Smart Home Help Team can provide additional support through an app with chat and helpful information to help customers get the most out of their smart home device. If the customer calls through the app, they can use the camera on their phone to show the advisor their smart home device so they can help guide them through setup and any trouble shooting or advise for their device.
For more information on EE’s range of smart home products, please visit www.ee.co.uk/smarthome
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.