Orange and Groupama create Protectline, a home telesurveillance company for the French market
Jan 16, 2019
Orange and Groupama have signed a deal to establish a joint company, Protectline, that will operate in the home telesurveillance sector. This partnership will strengthen Groupama’s existing activity in the sector and will allow Orange to become a fully-fledged player on this market, taking a new step forward in its multi-service operator strategy.
The deal between the two groups, which was signed in January 2019, establishes Protectline as a joint platform for the operation and management on home telesurveillance services. Orange holds 51% of the company’s capital and Groupama holds the remaining 49%.
Protectline is a simplified joint-stock company that is chaired by Christian Bombrun (Chairman of the Board of Directors) and jointly managed by Benjamin Pourquié (Executive Chairman) and Jean-Daniel Guedj (CEO).
By working together through a joint platform, Orange and Groupama will each retain full control of the distribution of their respective offers over their own retail networks and using their own brands.
Groupama is a well-established player in this segment with extensive expertise in the field of home telesurveillance. The company provides offers ranging from mass-market to tailored solutions with a particular focus on the quality of the equipment, installations and services. Within the framework of this partnership, Groupama will contribute (via its subsidiary Confitex 6) its skills and knowledge in this sector, its logistics centre, its state-of-the-art IT system, its network of installers and finally its ability to oversee the entire value chain. Through this partnership, Groupama is set to strengthen its presence in the telesurveillance market by increasing its ability to cooperate with industry leaders in their market.
Orange will launch its own home telesurveillance services on the consumer market in the Spring of 2019. These offers will be available for both fixed and mobile customers in France. Orange aims to take a strong position in the market, building on its subscriber base, its brand, its physical and digital retail networks and the expertise of Proctectline.
According to Stéphane Richard, Chairman & CEO of Orange:
“The upcoming launch of our home telesurveillance service is an important part of Orange's multi-service operator strategy. To deliver the best product possible, we have again chosen to work with Groupama to pool our skills and resources, following on from our Orange Bank partnership.”
As Thierry Martel, CEO of Groupama, explains:
“This new partnership with Orange falls squarely in line with Groupama's strategy of offering comprehensive and innovative local services to its members and customers. Orange and Groupama will jointly develop the best home telesurveillance solutions focused on a new customer experience.”
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.