**FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Employees today must be able to work from anywhere. And IT needs to ensure the applications they require to get things done are delivered in a secure and reliable manner. To help on both fronts, Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) today launched Citrix® Web App and API Protection™ , a new, cloud-delivered service that provides comprehensive security for applications and APIs in multi-cloud environments.
“The flexible models for work and multi-cloud application deployment that companies must now support have greatly expanded the attack surface that IT needs to defend,” said Mihir Maniar, Vice President of Product Management, Networking, Citrix. “Cloud-based security solutions are a fast, easy and cost-effective way to do this, and with the enhancements to our web application firewall offerings, we can simplify and speed the process.”
A Comprehensive and Consistent Approach
With Citrix Web App and API Protection, IT organizations of all sizes can provide holistic protection from cyber threats and enable a consistent security posture across multi-cloud environments. Built on Citrix Web App Firewall™ and enhanced with volumetric DDoS protection and expanded machine learning capabilities, the service allows IT to:
- Define application and API-specific security to safeguard against OWASP top 10 and zero-day attacks.
- Leverage one of the world's largest scrubbing networks to protect applications from large DDoS attacks.
- Reduce security configuration errors and simplify visibility and governance across multi-cloud environments.
- Easily configure rules and policies and adjust them as application security requirements change.
- Secure applications fast wherever they are deployed without added infrastructure or operational complexity.
- Scale in minutes with simple license upgrades.
“Applications and APIs are among the most valuable—and vulnerable—assets a company has and protecting them has never been more challenging,” Maniar said. “Citrix is committed to providing our customers with next-generation tools to protect against both known and unknown application attacks along with intelligence to allows for faster remediation.”
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.