Live Q&A featuring Appledore Research, Red Hat, Telenor and Virgin Media O2 Business
By Guy Daniels, Ray Le Maistre
Mar 29, 2023
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jmciFraU1Bc?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day one of the Private 5G and the Edge Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- Is 4G all that enterprises need beyond, or instead of, existing Wi-Fi setups?
- When will private 5G be as simple to deploy and run – and as affordable – as Wi-Fi?
- How will Wi-Fi 6 play into the evolution or revolution from private LTE to private 5G? Is there a need to keep Wi-Fi and protect a customer's investment there?
- How do the costs of deploying private 5G networks compare to those of public network deployment?
- Are operators considering B2B2x models to further monetise private 5G networks?
- What will the impact of Open RAN be on private networks?
- Terje Jensen, SVP of Network and Cloud Technology Strategy, Telenor
- Sandeep Raithatha, Head of Strategy, Innovation and 5G IoT, Virgin Media O2 Business
- Francis Haysom, Principal Analyst, Appledore Research
- Shujaur Mufti, Senior Manager, TME, Red Hat
First Broadcast Live: March 2023
Principal Analyst, Appledore Research
Head of Strategy, Innovation & 5G IoT, Virgin Media O2 Business
Head of Global Partners Solutions Architecture, TME & Edge, Red Hat
Dr. Terje Jensen
SVP of Network and Cloud Technology Strategy, Telenor