Live Q&A featuring Appledore, Dell Technologies, Rakuten Symphony, Telenor, Verizon Business Group and Wind River
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/90RWZz6JfK0?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Live Q&A discussion
The Live Q&A Show was broadcast at the end of day one of the Open Telco Infra Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels was joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- Are telcos doing enough and investing enough in new, open ecosystems - including open source?
- What is the ROI impact for a telco investing in open infrastructure? Is there any difference to legacy and proprietary approaches?
- How is an open ecosystem monitored and managed in terms of faults, failures and network KPIs? Which companies will provide OSS and network management systems (NMS) for disaggregated networks?
- Not all CSPs have integration as their core competency. Isn't the best opportunity here really amongst the system integrators and their ability to reduce cost?
- Beth Cohen, SDN Network Product Strategy, Verizon Business Group
- Manish Singh, CTO, Telecom Systems Business, Dell Technologies
- Paul Miller, Chief Technology Officer, Wind River
- Robert Curran, Consulting Analyst, Appledore Research
- Terje Jensen, SVP Network and Cloud Technology Strategy, Telenor
- Vivek Chadha, SVP & Global Head of Telco Cloud, Rakuten Symphony
First Broadcast Live: November 2023
SDN Network Product Strategy, Verizon Business Group
CTO, Telecom Systems Business, Dell Technologies
Chief Technology Officer, Wind River
Consulting Analyst, Appledore
SVP of Network and Cloud Technology Strategy, Telenor
SVP & Global Head Telco Cloud, Rakuten Symphony