Live Q&A featuring 5G Open Innovation Lab, Rakuten Symphony, Red Hat, Telefónica and Telenor
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vcReqm_GENE?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Q&A Show was broadcast live at the end of day two of the Open Telco Infra Summit. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by industry guest panellists for this question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
- Are there too many test and integration labs? Do we need consolidation?
- Is there a risk of heading towards “re-integration” - taking us back to where we started with lock-in?
- Expanding the open networking ecosystem needs major investment, but who is going to invest in startups and new innovative technology companies?
- With telcos moving to the cloud, how has this affected the approach to observability, considering that network elements have transitioned to software components?
- Are any parts of telco networks already showing any benefits of open networking deployments, and are there any positive use cases?
First Broadcast Live: November 2022
Ali A. Kafel
Senior Director, Global Telco Ecosystem, Red Hat
Head of Intelligent Operations, Rakuten Symphony
Dr Diego R. Lopez
Senior Technology Expert, Telefónica
Founder, 5G Open Innovation Lab
Dr. Terje Jensen
SVP Network and Cloud Technology Strategy, Telenor