The Open RAN ‘After Show’ - Day 1 (On-demand)
By Guy Daniels, Ray Le Maistre
Oct 26, 2021
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vZYVcbc4F8E?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
After Show Live
The After Show was broadcast live at the end of Day One of the TelecomTV Summit on Open RAN. TelecomTV’s Guy Daniels and Ray Le Maistre were joined by panelists for this end-of-day question and answer session. Among the questions raised by our audience were:
Who will do the integration for all of these disaggregated boxes?
If Open RAN is not a technology that can substitute 2G and 3G, will mobile operators have two sets of parallel base stations?
Telcos have been trying to court developers for years now, why do you think the RIC will do any better?
Who will develop these Open RAN-based services? Who will sell them, and what business models underlie these services?
- Sachin Katti, Advisor for Strategy at VMware and Co-Chair of the Technical Steering Committee at the O-RAN Alliance
- Neil McRae, Managing Director & Chief Architect, BT
- John Baker, SVP Business Development, Mavenir
- Colin Bryce, Senior Director, Product Line, CommScope
- Terje Jensen, SVP Head of Global Network Architecture, Director 5G Readiness Strategic Program, Technologies and Services, Telenor
- Raj Yavatkar, Chief Technology Officer, Juniper Networks
Broadcast Live: October 2021
Senior Director, Product Line, CommScope
SVP, Business Development, Mavenir
Managing Director & Chief Architect, BT
Chief Technology Officer, Juniper Networks
Advisor for Strategy at VMware and Co-Chair of the Technical Steering Committee at the O-RAN Alliance
Dr. Terje Jensen
Senior Vice President/Head of Global Network Architecture, Director 5G Readiness Strategic Program, Technologies and Services, Telenor
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.