Powering the Internet of Everywhere
Via Inmarsat Media Centre
Sep 9, 2015
09 September 2015: Inmarsat has unveiled its new machine-to-machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) strategy – the ‘Internet of Everywhere’ (IoEw), powered by Inmarsat – at the CTIA Super Mobility 2015 show in Las Vegas.
By strengthening partnerships with strategic Value Added Resellers (VARs), Inmarsat is able to combine the core strengths of its network with the innovative solutions and expertise offered by its partners, to provide customers with bespoke, end-to-end services, which enable operational visibility and control of their fixed and mobile assets – anywhere.
“The reach, reliability and return on investment (ROI) capabilities of Inmarsat’s network are truly enabling the Internet of Everywhere,” said David Wigglesworth, Vice President, Internet of Everywhere, Inmarsat, who joined the company earlier this year to spearhead Inmarsat’s M2M and IoT initiatives.
“We are empowering existing and prospective VAR partners to offer unparalleled worldwide connectivity to their M2M and IoT customers through a single network and a single SIM.
“No other mobile satellite company can offer such a diverse range of M2M connectivity options, and our VARs can build on that diversity to deliver truly tailored solutions for their customers’ connectivity challenges.”
Inmarsat’s L-band M2M network offers a unique combination of benefits for monitoring, tracking and controlling fixed or mobile assets:
- Coverage: Inmarsat’s services are available worldwide, so organisations can rely on complete connectivity for their assets – even if moving or transferring from one region to another
- Unequalled reliability and scalability: Inmarsat helps customers achieve total control and visibility of their assets, operating in conditions where cellular and other satellite services are congested, degraded or not available, and providing 99.9 percent availability across its L-band satellite network. Its solutions integrate easily with existing infrastructure and can scale as needs change
- ROI-driven connectivity: M2M services derive value from a single global network, single operator and single SIM. Customers benefit from improved operating efficiencies, and cost and resource savings
These benefits are delivered through two dedicated M2M Inmarsat services:
- IsatData Pro (IDP) – Purpose built for M2M and operating in near real-time worldwide, IDP is a low data rate messaging service ideal for monitoring and tracking (telemetry) of remote fixed or mobile assets where battery operation is required, such as containers and gas flow metering
- BGAN M2M – A worldwide two-way IP data service for monitoring and control of fixed and mobile assets in unmanned or remote locations that need higher-bandwidth capabilities – from megabytes to gigabytes – for applications such as real-time surveillance, high-volume metering and telemetry.
Inmarsat will be showcasing its Internet of Everywhere capabilities in Booth 5435 at CTIA Super Mobility 2015, from 9-11 September at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.