Gemalto and Jasper Partner to Simplify the Global Deployment of IoT Devices
Feb 24, 2016
Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain – February 23, 2016 – Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, and Jasper, a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform leader, today announced a partnership to simplify global deployment of IoT devices and services through on-demand subscription management. Integrating Jasper’s IoT service platform with Gemalto’s LinqUs On-Demand Connectivity removes the complexity of deploying connected services worldwide – for mobile operators, device manufacturers, and application providers. Customers can provision and manage subscriptions on devices remotely via a single embedded SIM (eSIM), resulting in more efficient and cost-effective deployment models while enabling rapid distribution and device activation.
“Enterprises across every industry are already looking to deliver IoT services to their customers today, but the ability to expand those services globally across multiple mobile operators can be daunting,” said Macario Namie, VP Strategy at Jasper. “This partnership enables mobile operators to benefit from a pre-integrated solution which reduces complexity for all. Joining forces with Gemalto means connected devices can be transferred seamlessly between networks to take advantage of local operator support, comply with international roaming restrictions and address cost constraints.”
“Our customers can dramatically increase opportunities and growth across IoT verticals such as mHealth, automotive, and consumer electronics that rely on seamless cross border connectivity,” said Benoit Jouffrey, VP of On-Demand Connectivity at Gemalto. “The integration of the two technologies, currently under deployment with lead customers, expedites go-to-market timelines and optimizes IoT investments.”
Gemalto’s On-Demand Subscription Manager (OSM) and the Jasper IoT service platform enable the management of Global eSIMs, providing network operators & enterprises with the following advantages:
- Single SIM for Manufacturing & Distribution – Enterprises benefit from a single SIM for both manufacturing and distribution across all geographies, eliminating the need for physical substitution – regardless of the device’s destination country.
- Worldwide Operator Alliance Framework – With the Jasper platform, a Global eSIM can be configured as local on operator networks worldwide, providing enterprises with a single service level agreement (SLA) and point of contact for service and support across multiple operators
- Single Global Operations Interface – The Jasper Control Center provides a common view of all devices worldwide – across multiple mobile operators – including network status and diagnostics.
- Automated Lifecycle Management – Devices’ mobile subscriptions are automatically updated over the air (OTA) throughout the lifecycle.
- Local Service & Usage Plans – The integrated solution will provide local regulatory compliance worldwide, while localized rate plans provide the ability to control and predict costs globally.
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the world leader in digital security, with 2014 annual revenues of €2.5 billion and blue-chip customers in over 180 countries.
Gemalto helps people trust one another in an increasingly connected digital world. Billions of people want better lifestyles, smarter living environments, and the freedom to communicate, shop, travel, bank, entertain and work – anytime, everywhere – in ways that are enjoyable and safe. In this fast moving mobile and digital environment, we enable companies and administrations to offer a wide range of trusted and convenient services by securing financial transactions, mobile services, public and private clouds, eHealthcare systems, access to eGovernment services, the Internet and internet-of-things and transport ticketing systems.
Gemalto’s unique technology portfolio - from advanced cryptographic software embedded in a variety of familiar objects, to highly robust and scalable back-office platforms for authentication, encryption and digital credential management - is delivered by our world-class service teams. Our 14,000 employees operate out of 99 offices, 34 personalization and data centers, and 24 research and software development centers located in 46 countries.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.