Dell Helps Businesses of All Sizes Move to Hybrid Cloud with New Financial Services
Aug 14, 2015
- Dell expands comprehensive portfolio of cloud solutions to include new, differentiated payment solutions, designed to help customers at multiple points along their cloud journey
- Dell’s hybrid cloud strategy to include new solutions in 2015, based on momentum behind current portfolio of private, hybrid cloud solutions, data management and integration, and services
- Studies confirm accelerating trend toward repatriation of core business workloads, applications and data to private- and managed-cloud services from public cloud, with hybrid cloud identified as enabling the future-ready enterprise
Dell today announced new payment solutions to expedite customers’ cloud adoption and growth. This set of financial solutions are designed to meet customers where they are on their cloud journey which, according to a recent study of IT decision makers worldwide, is a combination of public, private and managed cloud.
"Only Dell can offer the global programs and expertise to customers no matter where they are on their cloud journey, and we are now putting in place flexible payment solutions, cloud solutions and services offerings to make hybrid cloud a reality for businesses," said Jim Ganthier, vice president and general manager for engineered solutions and cloud at Dell. "The majority of customers have declared hybrid cloud as their ultimate end state to control IT costs, gain flexibility and agility, and to deliver new services to meet business requirements. Dell offers the full range of infrastructure, management software, services and payment solutions to help customers realize this strategy."
Comprehensive Cloud Payment Solutions from Dell Financial Services
Dell Financial Services today unveiled a portfolio of Scale Ready Payment Solutions, designed to enable customer adoption of cloud solutions wherever they are on their cloud journey . Dell will add three new payment options for customers and channel partners commensurate with its cloud solution portfolio growth:
- Pay As You Grow enables customers to deploy all future equipment today with payments that increase as their business grows. Customers can accelerate project completion by receiving the equipment up front. They will also benefit from making the lowest payments in year one.
- Provision and Pay enables customers to grow their technology solutions over time with a cyclical plan, deploy, pay process. Payments are deferred until after their equipment is deployed.
- Scale On Demand allows customers to pay for cloud solutions as they use them with payments based on actual usage.
New Research Underscores Trend toward Cloud Repatriation and Importance of Hybrid Capabilities
Customer expectations for the value of integrating public cloud capabilities in their IT strategies have included fast-and-easy scaling and a low initial capital expense investment. New research shows that private cloud adoption helps organizations realize a reduction in the consumption of pricier public cloud services, especially for daily management of core business applications and workloads.
According to a recent Dell flash poll of IT decision makers (ITDM) worldwide , nine in 10 say a hybrid cloud strategy is important to achieve a Future-Ready Enterprise Additionally, the research reveals ITDMs are twice as likely to choose hybrid cloud over singular infrastructure strategies using on-site data centers, private or public cloud options. Of note, 78 percent of ITDMs worldwide plan to return applications to private cloud from the public cloud. Dell calls this trend public cloud repatriation , which refers to customers’ threshold for a public cloud-led IT strategy.
Companies repatriate data and workloads for many reasons including cost, security and complexity comparisons of public cloud-only operations relative to a mix of private or managed cloud services with public-cloud bursting capabilities.
In a June 2015 Forrester Consulting study, entitled The Total Economic Impacttm of Private Cloud – Cost Savings and Business Benefits Enabled by Private Cloud, evidence confirmed investing in private cloud can result in many benefits:
- With the private cloud, the IT team can not only better support existing applications but also provide the agility the business needs to innovate. This helps cut down pricier and potentially-risky "shadow IT" through the unmonitored use of public cloud services.
- For many applications, the private cloud can be a more cost-effective delivery model over the long-term than solely relying on public cloud.
- The private cloud investment enables higher utilization of assets, driving down the costs to provision virtual machines and, in turn, applications. These higher utilization rates prevent otherwise costly growth by helping organizations get more out of their physical assets.
- Additionally, system administrators become more efficient and are able to support a greater footprint of resources over time. This allows organizations to retain and redirect valuable IT talent to higher impact projects and avoid unnecessary expansion.
Dell Cloud Solutions Momentum and Investment
Dell has a long history of reimagining solutions built for certain enterprise data center workloads and customer scale to address new customer demands and industry trends. Dell’s cloud solutions momentum – from 9 billion images in the Dell Cloud Clinical Archive to global leadership in cloud infrastructure – has informed solution investments and the cloud innovation Dell will release in 2015, including bringing simplicity of cloud management and introducing private-to-public cloud bursting capabilities.
Dell’s newest release of Dell Cloud Manager (DCM) is an example of Dell’s commitment to helping customers better manage their hybrid cloud environment and leverage cloud investments to a strategic advantage. Bringing Dell capabilities like DCM to Dell’s deep and long-standing relationships with cloud solution partners Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware is one way Dell plans to help customers further their hybrid cloud investments.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.