Super Panel: Are MEC and NFV the key building blocks for 5G? - Part 2
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1XxXpTxaPII?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Our super panelists from Deutsche Telekom, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Intel, Swisscom & Telefonica explore:
- Chicken and Egg: Which comes first NFV or MEC?
- Does MEC even need NFV?
- Do the new use cases that MEC will purportedly enable help to justify the CSPs RoIe in NFV?
- What are these use cases?
- What are the challenges in creating an NFV/MEC architecture for CSPs?
- How can they overcome them?
- Will MEC enable CSPs to offer 5G style service
Editor in Chief
Head of Technology Exploration & Standards, Telefónica
Head of Standardisation
Vice President, Aggregation, Transport, IP (TI-ATI) & Infrastructure Cloud Architecture
Deutsche Telekom AG
NFV Architect, Communications Solutions Business
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Filmed at: The Louwman Museum, The Hague, Netherlands
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.