To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AW7WQMYYfdY?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
TelecomTV Super Panel
In a recent TelecomTV survey on the evolution to 5G, 83 per cent of participating CSPs agreed that NFV was ‘very important' to 5G networks. That sounds pretty overwhelming. So what is it about the 5G standard (and whilst Release 15 is out, there’s still a lot more 5G to come from Release 16 next year) that would necessitate CSPs adopting NFV? Or perhaps CSPs’ short term goals of enhanced capacity and bandwidth be achieved by using 5G – maybe just New Radio – without NFV? This leads on to identifying what 5G functions and use cases (such as network slicing) are dependent on virtualisation and automation. And if we strongly believe that NFV is fundamentally necessary to the success of 5G, is the adoption of NFV in CSP networks happening at the rate required to support 5G evolution – if not, what can the industry do collectively to help accelerate telco transformation?
- Diego Lopez Garcia, Head of Technology Exploration and Standards, Telefónica
- Jehanne Savi, Executive Leader, All-IP & On-Demand Networks Programs, Orange.
- Markus Brunner, Chief Researcher, Head of Standardization, Swisscom
- Domenico Convertino, Head of OSS, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Renu Navale, Senior Director, Network Industry Enabling, Intel
Filmed at Louwman Museum, The Hague, The Netherlands
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.