To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8R8fMRKZMKw?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Today’s cloud and network arrangement is described as the equivalent of the hypermarket. Products are available in bulk with rock bottom pricing. But while this proposition is compelling, people still want the local supermarket. In technology terms that nip in /nip out local offering is the network Edge.
No one else has as much edge to deploy services from as CSPs have - their challenge is to manage the myriad of services and application requirements that the opportunity will entail. That won’t be all fun and games. Many pieces need to be put together to develop edge services and without automation managing it all, the opportunity would be a nightmare. Fortunately, business customers are really enthusiastic about using edge solutions. In fact, say our experts, while consumers will benefit from responsive 5G games it’s actually going to be business which looks likely to have the most fun.
- Ahmed Ijaz, Strategy Principal, Ericsson
- Vickie Lonker, Vice President, Product Management and Development, Verizon
- Oliver Cantor, Associate Director, Verizon Global Products, Verizon Business Group
- Peter Konings, Verizon Global Products, EMEA, Verizon Business Group
- Inma Rodriguez, Head of Core Cloud and OSS, Ericsson
- Paolo Fasano, SDN Head, TIM
- Javier Benitez, Senior Network Architect, Colt
- Diego Lopez, Senior Technology Expert, Telefonica, Chair ETSI NFV ISG
- Jim St Leger, Director, Open Source Strategist, Intel Corporation
Filmed at: SDN NFV World Congress, The Hague, October 2019
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.