Service Provider Voice Equipment Market Soars 46 Percent YoY in 2nd Quarter, Reports IHS
Via IHS Technology Press Releases
Aug 19, 2015
Campbell, CALIFORNIA (August 18, 2015)—Market research firm IHS (NYSE: IHS) today released vendor market share, forecasts and preliminary analysis from its 2nd quarter 2015 (2Q15) IHS Infonetics Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers report. (Full analysis published August 28.)
According to the report, global service provider VoIP (voice over IP) and IMS (IP multimedia subsystem) revenue was up 46 percent year-over-year in 2Q15, to $1.3 billion.
“Spending related to voice over LTE (VoLTE) deployments is starting to pick up, especially in Europe and India, fueling continued strong growth in the service provider VoIP and IMS market,” said Diane Myers, research director for VoIP, UC and IMS at IHS.
“As well, operators with commercial VoLTE networks in North America and Asia Pacific are purchasing additional capacity as subscriber numbers grow in those regions,” Myers said.
ADDITIONAL VOIP AND IMS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- In 2Q15, all product segments—including legacy softswitches and trunk media gateways—posted year-over-year revenue growth, with SBCs (session border controllers) particularly strong
- There was also growth across all major geographical regions (North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America) in 2Q15 from the year-ago quarter
- Huawei took the lead in overall service provider VoIP and IMS revenue market share in 2Q15
- Besides Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, GENBAND and Mavenir (a division of Mitel ) also had standout growth from a year ago
- IHS is forecasting sales of carrier VoIP and IMS equipment to be up by double digits for the full-year 2015, with mobile operators worldwide ramping for VoLTE and VoWiFi and Chinese operators starting VoLTE-related spending
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Log in to view analyst Diane Myers' carrier VoIP and IMS market update, live Sept. 3 at noon ET or on-demand:www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=1093.
VOIP AND IMS REPORT SYNOPSIS
The quarterly IHS Infonetics Service Provider VoIP and IMS Equipment and Subscribers report provides worldwide and regional vendor market share, market size, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends in granular detail by market segment. Segments tracked: trunk media gateways, SBCs, media servers, softswitches, voice application servers, HSS, CSCF, BGCF, MGCF, IM/presence application servers, fixed and mobile IMS core network equipment, subscribers. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, BroadSoft, Dialogic, Ericsson, GENBAND, Huawei, Mavenir, Metaswitch, NEC, Nokia Networks, Oracle, Radisys, Sonus, ZTE, others. To purchase the report, please visit www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.