Proof of Concept: Multiple SDN Controller-enabled L3VPN
Aug 4, 2016
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gCCvqhnocls?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Multiple SDN Controller-enabled L3VPN
In this proof-of-concept from the 2016 OPNFV Summit, Georg Kunz, Senior Systems Designer, SDN, Ericsson, demonstrates an L3VPN enabled datacenter with multiple SDN Controllers from different vendors, including:
- A common OpenStack networking ecosystem, namely Gluon, is used to initiate the establishment of the L3VPN.
- Multiple Servers are running different vendor controllers & overlay routing software for L3VPN – MPLS VRFs
- Multi-vendor routers are running in one subnet
- Common control plane parameters are shared – BGP communities (e.g. Route Targets (RT)) across the multi-vendor controllers
- Controllers and routers communicate directly without going through any gateway for east-west traffic
Sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos, plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox.