T-Systems and Malta Enterprise announce collaboration for Blockchain
Nov 1, 2019
- Malta Enterprise becomes first partner to sign Memorandum of Understanding for Blockchain
T-Systemsoffers independent marketplace for "Blockchain as a Service" for the first time in Europe
- The partners want to promote blockchain applications in Malta
As already announced,
T-Systems and Malta Enterprises want to push Blockchain together
Malta Enterprises will be the first partner for the German Blockchain Ecosystem.
As an agency of the Maltese government, Malta Enterprises is responsible for both foreign investment and local economic development. Together, they want to make the benefits of GBE quickly and easily available to Maltese registered companies working on blockchain projects. Malta is recognized as a pioneer in the global blockchain industry. It is the first EU country to provide a formal legal framework for DLT solutions.
"We are delighted to offer this unique platform to Blockchain developers," says Katharyn White, Chief Marketing Officer of
Kurt Farugia, CEO of Malta Enterprise, also welcomes the cooperation:
“This collaboration with
Together, the companies want to get Blockchain up and running quickly in Malta. They are convinced that Blockchain networks provide higher security and control than any other technology.
The planned collaboration includes:
- Provision of an enterprise blockchain platform as part of the planned Malta Innovation Hub, which will support the Ethereum, Hyperledger, and Corda DLT platforms
- Provision of a validator service, allowing Mata-registered companies to rapidly deploy validator nodes on some of the largest and most significant proof-of-stake blockchains in production
- Support for the comprehensive solution audits recently announced by the Malta Digital Innovation Authority
- Access to
T-Systems’ security solutions
- Joint marketing and training activities, including seminars in key European cities to provide a rapid adoption path for companies wishing to launch blockchain projects quickly, securely, and in full compliance
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.