Why Nokia is adopting a scale-made-simple approach to optical networking
To embed our video on your website copy and paste the code below:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xOuOOjT66Ss?modestbranding=1&rel=0" width="970" height="546" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" allowfullscreen></iframe>
James Watt, Vice President and General Manager, Optical Networks Division, NOKIA
Network operators need greater scale and capacity in their optical transport networks but they also need that infrastructure to be less complex and more efficient, notes James Watt, vice president and general manager at Nokia’s optical networks division, which is why the vendor is taking a scale-made-simple approach to its transport network technology developments.
Further reading on Scale made simple:
- Driving the evolution of optical networks - Scale made simple
- Scale made simple - innovate for scale, simplified operations and reduced complexity in optical networks
- Scale made simple - stay ahead of bandwidth demands
- Blog: You can’t change the laws of physics, but can you negotiate with them?
- Optical Networks explained
Recorded January 2023
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.