T-Mobile Polska launches long-haul 400GbE service with Ciena
Nov 23, 2021
HANOVER, Md. — T-Mobile Polska, one of the largest mobile operators in Poland, selected a coherent optical solution from Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) for its high-performance, flexible 800G network. Leveraging Ciena’s technology, T‑Mobile Polska will offer a new long-distance 400 Gigabit Ethernet (400GbE) service to its enterprise, content provider, and wholesale customers, to address exponential traffic growth brought on by omnipresent remote work, learning, and entertainment.
- To satisfy skyrocketing bandwidth demands from data services and cloud applications, T‑Mobile Polska is deploying Ciena’s WaveLogic 5 Extreme coherent optics over a 6500 fully flexible colorless, directionless, and contentionless photonic system.
- Digitization is a driving force for growth in the business sector. The Ciena solution will be used to provide high-capacity 500Gbps–800Gbps wavelength connectivity, low latency, and reliability, making it possible to transport services such as 5G, cloud, and data center interconnect (DCI) at a lower cost per bit. Additionally, encryption capabilities allow for secure transmission of sensitive financial and government data.
- The network is managed by Ciena’s Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) domain controller, allowing for operational efficiency and quick turnup of new services. With MCP, T‑Mobile Polska can rapidly identify, troubleshoot, and repair any issues that arise.
- “Customer experience is always top of mind for us. Ciena’s solution provides the capacity and flexibility to quickly respond to customers’ surging bandwidth needs, letting us deliver services like DCI and wholesale today while cost-effectively scaling to meet the demands of tomorrow.”
Marcin Dobrowolski, Transmission and Infrastructure Department Director, T-Mobile Polska
- “There’s increasing demand for ‘big pipe’ connectivity throughout Poland, and our innovative coherent optical solution is helping T-Mobile Polska roll out the high-speed services that a digital economy requires.”
Virginie Hollebecque, Vice President and Leader of EMEA at Ciena
About T-Mobile Polska
T‑Mobile Polska is one of the largest mobile operators in Poland, serving over 11 million customers. It provides a full range of telecommunications services to individual and business customers, including mobile and fixed-line telephony and internet access. For more information, visit www.t-mobile.pl.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our customers create the Adaptive NetworkTM in response to the constantly changing demands of their end-users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn , the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Stay up to date with the latest industry developments: sign up to receive TelecomTV's top news and videos plus exclusive subscriber-only content direct to your inbox – including our daily news briefing and weekly wrap.